cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Min order quantity issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus,

we have a problem here about minimum order quantiy, we have a part where it has to be sold in a minimum order quantity of 10, when i maintain that in material master it applies to every order, problem is when some customers order that item as one of the items in their purchase order they just need 3 or 2 according to their requirements, it is not a good customer service if we say that we sell only in 10 as they dont need them in that quantity. but what we want is if customer orders it as a individual item i mean just that item it must be in minimum order quantity of 10. is there anything in standard system that we can maintain or we need any special settings we need. please suggest me gurus.

Kind regards,

Chakri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can try this:

In the material master put a min order quantity as 10. SO in the sales order system willnot allow you to enter a quantity less than 10.

Coming to the PO, in the prog SAPMM06E put a code in the user exit where the system should exit the check for min order quantity check. System will then allow you enter a quantity less than 10.

Check with your ABAPer the suitable user exit in SAPMM06E. Explain him the requirement & he will be able to help you with it.

Regards,

Sivanand

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chakri

Two options are there apart from controlling in material master.

- Go to VD51 or VD52, input the customer code and execute. There select the material code for which you want to restrict and maintain "10" against the field "Minimum delivery qty". But this will give only a warning which you can see in "Error log", when you proceed with quantity in excess or less than 10.

- The next option is go to user exit User-Exits in program MV45AFZB - USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP where you can define your own logic.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The two different requirement with same solution is not available in Standard SAP. It is Minimum Order Quantity for the particular material, irrespective of Customer requirement. It is recommended not to maintain Minimum Order quantity and have a manual check incase of Individual Material.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka