cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

documents for custom cleareance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where in export sales the client has to sent the following documents for custom clearance well in advance before he despatched the goods for export

1) Proforma invoice---can be done after sales order

2) Packing list

3) Export invoice

Proforma invoice can be printed from the sales order.What about the packing list since it can't be created since delivery is still spending and export invoice can be done only when delivery document is created.

These documents has to be sent well in advance...

Can any one tell me the exact and actual process that takes place during Exports scenario

Thanks

ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay

To my knowledge, all manufacturing units will have a seperate packing section where they know the packing details like, if you just give the item code and total quantity to be despatched, they will be in a position to issue a packing list giving the break up of

- total number of pallets / crates / bales

- Each Pallet / Crate contains what items and what quantity

- Size / dimension of each pallet

- Gross weight of each pallet

So you have to create a packing list based on these details and also delivery related proforma should be created. In fact, you cannot create order related proforma in some cases, where you make partial shipments. So it is always better to create delivery related proformas (document type F8) in case of exports.

Once you receive the Bill of Lading from shipping agent, commercial invoice can be generated. On the other hand, in VOFA, for the billing type, have the posting block checked so that for filing with Customs itself, you can generate commercial invoice which will not be passed on to FI. Once you receive the B/L, it can be released.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (0)