cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View changes not reflected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I've done some UI changes on the View layouts of an ESS development component. When I directly deploy them from NWDS to my sandbox environment (which I've specified in the Windows >Preferences >J2ee engine), i can see my changes. Subsequently, I checkin, activate and release to our Development Track (that is configured to our Development Runtime system) using NWDI. I login to our Development Portal, but the changes are not reflecting. I have extracted the codes from the DTR and i can see the changes in there. Can anyone help pls? Thank you.

Regards,

Zm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I've checked the Track Data for the ESS track, and "Exclude from Deployment" is already unchecked, so that shouldn't have been the problem. The activation logs do not indicate any problem with deployment either and showed it was able to create Deploy Archive and source archive.

I am aware that the workaround is to directly deploy to the development environment from NWDS by specifying my J2ee Engine as the Development engine. However, would this affect the component when i transport it to my Consolidation Environment? i.e., it will simlarly not be able to deploy to Consolidation enviornment as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the TCS Deployer and request the status for your activation request. This should give you a link to the deployment log. If it doesn't find anything, recheck your runtime system definition in the CMS Landscape Configurator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zhenmin,

you try to deploy them directly to your dev system and checck whether the changes are getting reflected or not

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

The deployment failed initially, thus I directly went to CBS, select the development component and Build it there. I thought that would work?

My changes include changing of UI element's properties such as the Label's width, type of layout.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A CBS build does not trigger a deployment as far as I know.

You should figure out why the autodeployment after an activation does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the Development system is configured as the first Runtime System in the ESS Track ...and the 'Disable Automatic Deployment' option is unchecked....so when you checkin the and activate the CBS will first activate the code and the CMS will deploy it ....

Shikhil

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

check wheather the deployment is successfull or not? you can check it in deployment log.

successfull activation does not insure the successfull deployment. so its better you check it.

one question whatever UI changes you have done, are just an image change?