Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License tab in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one tell me regarding License tab in SU01 and how to use it, what type of license information should we enter in the tab. do we need to enter for every user?

Regards,

Sandhya

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

Please visit the following link to know about SAP licensing in details.

http://service.sap.com/licenseauditing

Thanks,

Saby..

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

...you can use SU10 and also usmm as well ...

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

You can use USMM transaction for users and system measurement..

Regards,

Sameer

0 Kudos

Hi Sameer

Which criteria does the system measurement use to non active exclude users from licensing

1 Does it exclude users that are locked by the administrator, who have left the company but not yet deleted from the system.

2 Or does it exclude users who have a validity end date on their UMR.

Basically how does the system decided which users are excluded.

I have read the documentation but can't find any information.

Regards

Charmaine

0 Kudos

Hi Ch!

To answer your question Inactive users are not considered under license count.

All the users who are locked by system admin/locked by expiration are treated as inactive users who are not considered under count.

You can run tcode USMM on any of your system to analyze the results, it will do no harm make sure you dont submit results to SAP.

Also user classification/setting up license types depends on your agreement with SAP which can last 2 thru 5 years what I saw with my clients. you can get a feel of available license types under tab 'User Types' in tcode USMM.

All users with developer keys are shown in SCCR user list.

Note: If a user logon id is not same on systems, that user will be counted separately.

John Smith: jsmith, jsmith1,.... will be considered separate and counted.

Hope this helps!

thank you!

0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Let me explain what is happening.

Instead of locking the user when they leave, the businss is simply putting a validity end date on the UMR. They are not locking the accounts!!

My argument is that these accounts should be locked so that they can be excluded and deemed as inactive users.

Their argument is that they do not need to lock users. As long as there is a validity date which is in the past then users will be excluded as seen as inactive and excluded from the licensing process.

Which is correct?

Regards

Charmaine

0 Kudos

To my knowledge, this depends on the contract you have with SAP.

Depending on this, the validity date on the user ID should be sufficient to exclude it from the LAW (USMM), unless the ID had logged in (again) for some reason.

There are a number of threads here about expired users who are still active in batch jobs. That is most likely your problem.

My recommendation: clean up your batch jobs and reconsider your license agreement. This is perhaps not the only problem you have which is caused by license restrictions ....

Software vendors generally offer the option of an "Enterprise License" which you can negotiate with them. This can be an enabler for solving a lot of hassles and frustrations and audit problems.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

License tab ( in su01) is one of the part in system measurement( tcode USMM )

You should define each user as test, operational , information etc.,in production environment.This is called user classification in System measurement.

If you wont define this, then also that user id works.

But the thing is, its mandatory to run the system measurement ( tcode is USMM )

you can classify the users in tcode USMM also.

You should run this when ever sap conducting the license audit for your organization.

Regards,

Gayathry.

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need to fill the License Data.

If you see the options you can select one for Developers and one for Basis and different options for different professionals.

thanks,

SSSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i miss in the many answers:

The licence information should be based upon the contract Your company has with SAP.

In the contract there is a part that describes what licence-fee should be payed for what type of users, on top of that one should have one additional type for users that you do not have to pay fees for (like test users), it has no use to assign user types if you do not have aforementioned information!

Former Member
0 Kudos

User license also depends on your organization contract with the SAP. You can define the license for each user based on the activity they carried out in system.

If you have more than one Production system with also BI environment, you can go through the SLAW transaction to consolidate all your data to avoid multiple users in production environment.

If user belongs to no production environment than you can define the test contract type. Develpment user with OSS account and with development keys also reflect in your anual license agreement. You can mass maintain the users contract type in USMM before transferring result to SAP. Consult to your license contract as some times there is also very specific agreement exist.

As of SAP R/3 4.0B, the measurement program no longer

counts users whose validity period has expired, and in the case of earlier releases, the measurement program counts users whose validity period has expired for another 90 days after the expiry date.

0 Kudos

Hi all

This has been very helpful. Apologies for hijacking this thread.

Charmaine