cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration of Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Support,

I have a boxed Crystal Reports XI R2 that has been purchased some time ago. We are now ready to install the product for the first time.

I have registered the product on the web site as instructed and received a non-expiring Key Code.

On entering this code during the installation we receive the error stating that the Key code is not valid or has expired.

Could you please assist urgently with the installation code.

Regards,

Diarmuid McDonagh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that we do not have the correct product in the box.

Following up with Business Objects Austrlaia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey ,

You can get the product key by logging into your SAP support Portal and request for a permanent license key in keys and requests tab.

There you can see Service corner---Request License Key.

Where you can ask for a new crystal release 2 key, for temporary purpose you can test it with the Temporary license keys which are available in a zip folder.

You can download the Temp keys list for CRXI R2 and test it in the mean while you get the key code from the SAP.

This is will definitely help you.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I do not have a SAP account as the product is a stand alone purchase.

I am also unable to find the SAP Support Portal mentoned on the sites I can access.

Can you give me a web link to the approprate area?

Regards,

Diarmuid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diarmuid,

Have you recieved the License Key for CR XIR2 product? You can verify this by checking the first few characters of this key.

If the key starts with "B5" or "B6" then it must be a valid keycode for CR XIR1 product.

If the key starts with "CR2" or "CR3" then it must be a valid keycode for CR XIR2 product.

If the key starts with "CSK" then it must be a valid keycode for CR 2008 product.

Along with this, also let us know the URL of the website you used to register the product.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Abhishek Jain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I registered the temporary keycode recieved in the box at the www.businessobjects.com/register site and recieved the reply below.

(I have replaced the last digits with x's so as not to provide this in a public forum.

The keycode looks valid but when entered gives me this error:

The Product key code CS20P-7T6ZT28-xxxxxxx-xxxx is not valid or has expired.

Regards,

Diarmuid

Dear Diarmuid McDonagh,

Thank you for registering CR Server XI R2. Your Registration number is 8323660474.

Key Code: Your non-expiring code is CS20P-7T6ZT28-xxxxxxx-xxxx

Please enter this number into the Registration Wizard, so you can readily access this information in the future. You can launch the wizard by going to the Help toolbar and selecting 'Register/Change Address'. You may also wish to record this number elsewhere; you will need it to access technical support.

Support - To maximize the return on your investment, your purchase of Crystal Reports Server comes complete with technical support and product maintenance services. Leverage telephone and online access to our global network of support centers with technical engineers who speak your language, provide support during your business hours, and respond to issues with a focus on your success.

Learn more about support for Crystal Reports Server at <http://support.businessobjects.com/crserver>

Tap into the full power of the Business Objects product line. Visit our website, http://www.businessobjects.com/products to learn more about specific upgrade paths that can help you support larger deployments and more diverse user needs.

Thank you for choosing CR Server XI R2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diarmuid,

I think now I understand why you are getting the issue of invalid keycode.

From the e-mail which you have recived, it appears that you have registered Crystal Reports Server XI Release 2 product, which is not the same as Crystal Reports XI Release 2.

Crystal Reports Server XI Release 2 is a condensed version of Business Objects Enterprise where you can save your reports and share with users. Whereas, Crystal Reports XI Release 2 is a reporting tool.

Was the e-mail which you recieved a system generated e-mail or someone actually replied back to you with the keycode? If the e-mail has e-mail address of that person, then please reply back to him to know what are the other possiblities of getting the correct keycode. Else refer to the previous post by Prathamesh.

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunatly it was a system generated email from webmaster (at) businessobjects.com

I'll follow up with the local office as I have no access to the SAP support portal.

Cheers,

Diarmuid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Log on to http://service.sap.com/bosap-support and log a case with this component:

o XX-SER-LIKEY-BOJ (customer messages)

· Any support information or changes >

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/011000358700000547712008E

Thanks