cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables and subforms. How to combine to create a detail list ?

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

i need to solve this issue. I've done many tries but nothing works.

I have three tables : <tab1>, <tab2>, <tab3>. In context i tied its by where clausole so i have three nested tables. The third contains the texts for a given position.

When i drag the table on the layout i have something like this :

(1st record)

<Val Field 1>---<Val Field 2>----<Text>

-

<Text>

-

<Text>

(2nd record)

<Val Field 1>---<Val Field 2>----<Text>

-

<Text>

-

<Text>

and so on

Val Field 1 comes from the first table, Val field 2 from the second (for one record of <tab1> i have many record from <tab2>), Val field 3 from the third - text (for each record of <tab2> i have many lines of text - that means many lines of <tab3>).

(sorry for the dots but are necessary to keeping the right fomatting in order to show you an example of the standard result of the drag of the structure from the data view palette)

I'd like to have something like this :

(1st record)

<Val Field 1>-----<Val Field 2>

<Text>

<Text>

<Text>

(2nd record)

<Val Field 1>-----<Val Field 2>

<Text>

<Text>

<Text>

and so on.

I wasn't able to achieve this result and i don't know how to get it!

Someone of you could explain me with some details, how to modify the hierarchy to achieve this kind of formatting ?

Thank a lot to everyone.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrea,

Go through some examples listed below and see if it gives you some hints:-

[Achieving Control Levels functionality in Adobe Forms|http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/AdobeForms/Controllevels/page1.htm]

[Nested tables in Adobe Forms|http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/AdobeForms/Nestedtables/page2.htm]

Chintan

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Chintan for sharing me the links!

Probably i've solved my problems with that documentations: i'll try as soon as i can (this evening).

After the test, if i can solve my issue, i close the post and i'll modify your point assigment.

Thank a lot again

Andrea