Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY Not Happening For Few Instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

At Client Site, We are running PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY on Every night and User master records are not been adjusted for all the users

Eg., We have added New role(Emergency Role) to a user for 1 day and User is able to run the transactions underneath even after the role is expired.

When i looked at the spool for the job, User master records were note adjusted for the same role. It did not say any errors and The Background user has sufficient rights.

When i checked the Change documents, it is showing the pfud time. i.e the time, when run manually in foreground -pfud or User master compare from the Role.

By right , it should show the might night (job run) time . But it is not happening .

Also in the Spool of the Job, It shows that Users master records for the role not been adjusted.

The job is running on the system since long. Only issue is that Master record update is not happening to the very recent changes.

Thanks in Advance

VK

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using CUA?

What SAP_BASIS and SAP_APPL Support Package level do the system have?

Regards,

CB

0 Kudos

Hi CB,

Thanks for Response.

We dont have CSA System.

Here are the details, you asked.

SAP_APPL 46C 0053

SAP_BASIS 46C 0053

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please attach the log of the PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY job when this issue occurred and provide the exact name of the emergency role you were refering to.

Regards,

CB

0 Kudos

The log file huge. I am afraid to send it via sdn.

Please update your business card with Email address, so that i would be able to send the same.

Thanks Again CB.

0 Kudos

Julius,

good piece of advice.

VK,

BC updated.

Regards,

CB

0 Kudos

Hello CB,

Here is the Snippet, I have sent in with an email with complete log file(old)

Problematic Role

20008/10/23 00:05:32 Start of HR comparison for role ZCA30BCSPL-L_M_SPOOL-BASIS_174

2008/10/23 00:05:50 Start comparing role ZCA30BCSPL-L_M_SPOOL-BASIS_174

Non Problematic Role

2008/10/23 00:05:32 Start of HR comparison for role ZCA30BCALE-L_M_IDOC-BASIS_175

2008/10/23 00:05:49 Start comparing role ZCA30BCALE-L_M_IDOC-BASIS_175

2008/10/23 00:05:49 User master record for role ZCA30BCALE-L_M_IDOC-BASIS_175 was adjusted

Thanks Julius for advice.

Regards,

VK

0 Kudos

VK,

You are right, there is an error on role ZCA30BCSPL-L_M_SPOOL-BASIS_174 comparison so the message "User master record for role ZCA30BCSPL-L_M_SPOOL-BASIS_174 was adjusted" is not displayed.

Apart from that, you received at the end the log entry "User master record adjust incomplete -> see long text" instead of "User master record for all roles adjusted".

I would advise running program RHAUTUPD_NEW in background with a new variant at 01:30 your time. Make sure this variant have the option "Output error messages" checked. You could check the error log once this job has completed.

Regards,

CB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take note that mailing your customer's (security relevant) logfiles around in internet could get you into a lot of trouble...

Posting an anonymized (cleaned) snippet (short one with relevant parts) from the log here, is probably a better idea.

Cheers,

Julius