cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying SP's error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am applying SP and while I was trying to upload form frontend I came across the following error

" An error occurred while transferring file from the frontend computer"

Error Message TN726.

It says try again and if more errors occurs install latest version of SAPGUI.

Any other advice?

Thanks

Dhruva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is true that the file might be corrupt or file size is too big so it is taking longer time to upload and in the mean time your network connection is refreshing. I recon you update your SPAM/SAINT first or extract the file in the server.

1. -> Copy the .SAR or .CAR file to your server's /usr/sap/trans

2. -> Go to trans directory of the server (ex. cd /usr/sap/trans)

3. -> Run SAPCAR -xvf <name of the file>.SAR or <name of

the file>.CAR

4. -> It will extract the relevant .PAT and .ATT file in to /EPS/in

of the relevant TRANS directory.

5. -> From R3 level you can upload the packages by clicking

on load from the application server.

6. -> You will be able to find the SPs in to disply/define queue.

Best of Luck,

Gaurav

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Druva,

As few have suggested, the error is very likely 'cause of the file size. Would you tell us what the file size is? I would push the file to server and load it from there if it is more than few MB (couple of responses have already given the steps to follow). Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

BMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you one and all.

It has really helped me following all your instructions.

I am uploading the files form the server now.

I have a silly question though.

Once in the application server , we open the cmd prompt i was not able to drill down to the usr directory

Druva

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean you cannot drill down to /usr directory? Did you login as <sid>adm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i did. actually that was a silly way of questioning. My bad. lemme correct myself.

I logged in as <SID>ADM i was in the c: instead of d: where usr is residing and so couldnt find the directory usr. I was lost somewhere I guess it was a basic thing.

Thank you

Druva

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should do the following 1) update sapgui to the lastest patch 2) update spam to the latest patch 3) make sure your /trans/EPS/in folder is read/write accessible for the user who is uploading.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That means lots of things.. file is corrupted, file is too big and there was memory problems to cache it, etc... or simply update your GUI patch level.

Only upload from frontend if you have 1 or 2 small patches... if more the best is to decompress them using sapcar into /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in and upload them from application server.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about uploading it from the application server ? You can extract all the patches (.sar) to /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in. When you click load packages from the application server, SPAM will upload all the packages.

Fyi, you might need to uncar them SAPCAR -xvf packagename.sar is the command.