Did you mean: 

beginners Tutorial

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I was encountering to a beginners Tutorial named:

Using ALV with a Dynamic Context Node in Web Dynpro for ABAP

Release SAP.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4c70444a-0801-0010-7688-9e4bd844...

Somewhere else within the tutorial I was adviced to

Set Data to ALV for display (via ALV component interface method).

Instantiate the ALV component.

Instantiate the ALV component. Use the Web Dynpro code wizard:

How can I do that ?

Regards

sas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have tried it out. Thanks, code wizard is working but the next question is:

I am adviced to

Instantiate the ALV component. Use the Web Dynpro code wizard:

1)

Where is the correctly place to instantiate the ALV component ?

In the View ?

Component Controller ?

2)

In which method ?

WDDOINIT, WDDOMODIFYVIEW ???

Regards

erdem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instantiate in view only and write your code in WDDOINIT.You can also write in WDDOMODIFY also but no need to write because each and every time the method will execute that means before display and after action (like PBO in Module Pool).

check these articles on ALV

Simple ALV

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3439404a-0801-0010-dda5-8c14514d...

Editable ALV

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3133474a-0801-0010-d692-81827814...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I klick on this button then a pop up with a main node named

-> standard and

child nodes

-> "Forms"

->"Table"

->"Screen"

is coming up.

I could not encounter a pop up with an option for -> "Instantiate Used Component"

Why, what is wrong.

Regards

erdem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which button you are clicking.I hope you might clicked on wrong one .Follow the below steps.

1.Insert standard component salv_wd_table in the used components of your component.

2.come to view go to properties and click on create button and then insert the Interface controller.

3.go to WDDOINIT method click on CodeWizard button then select Instantiate Used Component,select Interface controller from F4 help.

4.Again go to code wizard noe select Method call in used controller and select the method GET_MODEL to get the refernce of table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The code wizard button is lies between External Breakpoint and Pattern buttons in the application toolbar.

Click on that,a pop up with several options will come in that select Instantiate Used Component press F4 from and select Interface controller now you will get the instance of ALV.After this to get the refernce of ALV table again click on Code wizard ,now select Method call in Used Controller press F4 in component name select Interface Controller and select Method name GET_MODEL from F4 help of method name.This method will return the instance of ALV table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdam,

U can find the wizard button on toolbar near the 'Pattern' button. Using that you can instantiate the ALV. I think after that it will be easy to set the data for display.

Ranganathan.