cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Billing Doc in FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

SD Gurus,

I am new at SD, I knwo the end -user side but I am now configuring SD stabdard functionality, I was able to create a billign document, now I need this billing document to post into FI what do I need in order to tie it all together.

Can any one point me to some good information about configuration of SD Billing.

I already created an order, shipped against it, I have a billing document number, Now I need to be able to pot the G/L account s in FI

Debit A/R

Credit Sales

Debit Inventory

Credit COGS

Thank You for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

FI posting steps

1. Check account determination procedure maintained in Billing type for eg KOFI00

2.Check Pricing procedure condition types maintained with proper account keys

3. Check VKOA settings with account determination condition KOFI/Account determination table, Condition records like Sorg/customer Acct detern/Mater determination/Account key / GLcodes

4. After confirming the above - go to billing doc environment - Acct determination analysis-Revenue account , check condtion types and correspont values- if any thing miss system will show yellow mark, complete the missing one and try to post now.

5.Apart from these any CO related not posted also system will not post in to account.

6. Check GL account master also with help of FI consultant

Regards

Jaffar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jafar,

I am kind of new at SD, as to point # 4 is this thru easy SAP menu? or IMG? can you give tcode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frank.

to check point #4, mentioned in Jaffer's post, go to:

T. Code: VF02

Key-in your Billing Document No. and ENTER.

Now, in next page, you can find "Enviornment;, at top.

Click: Enviornment --> Acct. deter. analysis --> Revenue Accounts

This will lead you to next page. Here, at left-hand tree, click

KOFI00 --> PR00 --> 10 (KOFI)

At Right-hand screen, you check Access-details.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it, I did the config under VKOA, I configured 20 Customer Group/accoutn key. When I check teh accoutn determination in VF02, and go to 20, I see an error under AcctAssgGr, went back to config and i do have one selected. Do I have to config something else prior to assign account determination in VKOA?

Thank You so much for you help, goods issue is fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Account Assignment Group is maintained in Customer Master and Material Master.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it may be time to call in, and pay for, professional help

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try with Tcode VFX3 to release the blocked billing document to FI.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

FI-SD Integration: The integration is done in T-code VKOA

1. Sales Order Created

-No Entry-

2. PGI done (Goods issue)

Cost of Goods Sold Dr (Configured in OBYC GBB T-Key)

To Inventory Account

3. Billing document released to Accounting

Customer Account Dr.

To Sales Revenue Account (ERL T-key in Pricing procedure)

Note : The GL account is assigned to this ERL in VKOA

4. Payment Received

Bank Clearing A/c Dr

Customer A/c Cr.

Points to Know : Good to understand the pricing procedure and how the different transaction keys are used like ERL, ERS etc.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tahnk You rajesh,

I have completed item # 3, but when I go to VF02 to relese document to accoutnign still tells me Accoutn Determination error.

The Goods Issue Portion posted fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frank

If you are succesful to post the outbound delivery and Goods issue than only matter of concern is posting to the accounts. Account doc can not be posted until your account determination procedure clearly indicates which account(s) to be posted. You can analyze the reasons for not getting the Gl/Acc values going to environment>account Determination analyses and finding the undefined values for failure of account determination and automatic posting.

With Regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly check Document Flow and in most cases Posting Block is not active, so in that case Billing Document is automatically released to accounting.

In the case if not released to accounting, go to T.Code: VF02 anf enter Billing Document number. In the same screen, go to Billing Document (Left Hand Top corner) and select 'Release to Acoounting'.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The accounting document will be generated once you save the billing document. You try to release the billing document to accoutning by VF02 --> Click the green flag.

The A/R will be debited and Sales revenue will be credited.

The COGGS and inventory will be updated during Post Goods Issue of the delivery. COGS will be debited and Inventory will be credited.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I went to VF02 no Green flag, when I ran billing list I see message that says Not Posted to FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frank,

First, go to:

T. Code: VOFA

Select your Billing Type, say F2, and double-click to go in to it.

Here, within Tab: General control, and

watch Field: Posting Block, whether box is enabled (checked) or disabled (without check).

If, the box is marked as checked, system blocks automatic transfer of billing document to accounting.

In such case, to release billing in to accounting:

T. Code: VF02

Key-in Invoice/ Billing doc. no. and press (ShiftF4). If this (ShiftF4) doesn't work, go in to the billing document in change mode and check with Option - Release to Accounting in "Billing Document" at left hand top corner.

Now, check Status-bar. System will either release the document in to accounting OR will throw the error for not posting the document in to accounting.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: if wish to post billing in to accounting automatically, un-check the field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The accounting document will be generated when you release the billing document to accounts. Customer will be debited and the corresponding GL accounts will be credited. To understand revenue account determination IMG settings check out the wiki:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/erplo/account+determination

The accounting entry for COGS will be posted when you do the post goods issue for the delivery document.

Regards,

GSL.