cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add columns to extended value selector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created an Extended value selector that has 2 columns(KEY column and VALUE column). How do I add columns to Extended Value Selector.

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you would be able to add more columns in case of EVS.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murtuza,

If it's not possible using EVS, is there any other way I can add columns to my input field.

Inputfield has F4 functionality developed with only 2 columns. I want to add more columns. Any other way to approach this.

Thanks,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Search for OVS (Object Value Selector) on sdn. This would be a detailed search not exactly like EVS but see if it suits your requirement. You would find many documents for complete implementation of OVS.

Regards,

Murtuza

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Tom,

refer this thread where the same is answered[]

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tom,

->EVS just picks value from enumeration type which you must have created and displays those value.

->ONLY key and Value are the two columns possible. You cannot add any new columns to that.

->F4 help helps only to get values for a particular field which are already present somewhere ex may be some bapi or database.

->OVS is new version and you can look for that also if it suits you.

Thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can create extra columns in the extended value help i.e EVS. An extension of EVS is you can use OVS i.e object value selector. Search on sdn you will find articles on OVS. Another option would be you can have a button besides the input field and on click you can create a pop up window with a table of any number of columns, also you can add filter option to the table.

Hope that helps.