cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending invoice automatically via email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I would like to setup automatic sending of invoices via mail to external customers out of SAP. I have already read many threads here about that and I did the recommended customizing steps, but it is still not working.

I would like to provide the steps I did, maybe someone can help me what I missed or did wrong:

1. Email out of SAP is working in general, I can send emails to external addresses out of the business working place.

When I go to SCOT, there is a node "INT", that has a subnode "SMTP". When I do a double click on SMTP, the SMTP connection data are correct. For supported address types, we have selected "Internet" and set the output format for SAPscript to "PDF".

2. I've created a new output type ZFAK in v/40 (Application V3).

The access sequence is "0004" - Sales Organization/Customer.

Transmission medium is "external send", Partner function is "BP".

As processing routines, I have the Program RLB_INVOICE (RVADIN01), Form routing is ENTRY, and for the Form, I just use the form we also use for printing invoices out.

3. As communication type, I've create a type with the communication method INT.

4. In VV32, I've setup a new condition type for the "Bill to Party" with Medium 5 and Date/Time: 4.

5. I've maintained the email address for the affected customer in VD02

6. Now I go to VF02 and add the new output type ZFAK. Then I go to "Billing document" - "Issue" and select the new output type and hit the PRINT button.

Now, all I get is a message: "Output could not be issued"

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Anne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have same problem to send invoice automatically via email. so can you please suggest on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anne,

You may want to take the help of your ABAP and BASIS colleagues in your office to work on this as well.

The PDF thing is quite tricky

Best Regards

Sitaraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sitaraman,

actually that's all me, because I am the only SAP person in the company at this time. So I guess I have to figure it out somehow...

Thanks

Anne

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to preview the output?

If it is not, then you may need to check the ABAP program.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes I am able to do the preview. If I can use the same print program and form that I am using for printing, then I should be fine, because printing is working. But also for emailing, I can see the preview at least.

Thanks

Anne

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I checked my system, in SCOT for the subnode SMTP (highlight it), when I checked menu settings -> communication methods, for type INT - the value assigned shows SAPCONNECT.

Is this case in your system also?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

yes, I have the same in my system.

Do I need to do any settings to SAPconnect somewhere else in the system?

Thanks,

Anne

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your error analysis, you have mentioned the following;

The document has already been released to Accounting, I still get the error.

When I check the error log, it says u201CNo communication type from strategy ANZ could be usedu201D and u201CCommunication type ... cannot be usedu201D.

But for sure, Iu2019ve added communication type INT (mail) to my communication strategy.

May I know from where ANZ comes? It looks you have entered ANZ in VV32. Am I correct?

In that case can you check in SPRO ->Sales and distribution -> basic functions ->output control ->determine communication strategy?

Here for ANZ should be there as strategy, and for this communication type should be defined as INT.

Can you check this?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

yes, you are right, I have created ANZ (meanwhile I renamend it to CS01 because I've read this comes with SAP standard) in

SPRO ->Sales and distribution -> basic functions ->output control ->determine communication strategy

and it has the communication type INT on position 1. This is the only communication type in there.

Thanks,

Anne

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From configuration point of view everything looks correct.

In our system the standard program RVADIN01 is cloned to a Z-program and it looks some customized coding are added.

I would suggest you to post in ABAP programing forum to get some input from ABAP folks. I am not into programming and not able to figure it out what additional coding are done in the Z-program within a short period of time.

So can you try in ABAP forum for a quick response.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, I might try that.

Thanks for your help tough!!

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne.

I already have the same problem as you had (communication type ca not be used) , could you explain me how did you solve your problem?

Best regards.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to make sure, did you release the billing document to accounting using VF02? You can try after releasing the billing document to accounting.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

thanks for your answer,

The document has already been released to Accounting, I still get the error.

When I check the error log, it says u201CNo communication type from strategy ANZ could be usedu201D and u201CCommunication type ... cannot be usedu201D.

But for sure, Iu2019ve added communication type INT (mail) to my communication strategy.

Help!

Thanks

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GSL,

thanks for your answer.

I did what you've said and changed the medium to 1 "printing output" and it was working fine.

But still email sending (medium 5) is not working..

Thanks

Anne