cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender agreement at what stage ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The two objects of collaboraton agreement are Sender agreement and Reciever agreement. Receiver agreement takes place at the call adaper stage of the XI pipeline. I want to know when the Sender agreement takes place ? Does it happen before receiver determination, the first step of XI pipeline or dooes it happen in any of the pipeline steps ?

Ajith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is always Receiver Determination.

Becaues RD determine which system(s) should participate in an exchange with incoming message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So sender agreement takes place during Receiver Determination step. I thought it takes place prior to that. Thanks for your help.

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

To trigger any message,the one thing you always need is a message/payload.this is picked by sender communication channel which is tied to sender agreement.When u create a sender agreement,you specify values such as Sender Party,sender service,sender interface and sender namespace.

The control looks for the same combination of these 4 values in receiver determination,once the correct receiver determination is found the message is send to receiver after interface mapping.

Sender agreement happens as the first steps in message processing after that you have receiver determination.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, because first it should know which system(s) are participating in an exchange with incoming message and that is only possible via RD.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aaamir

I have one doubt. How about the adapters like idoc and plain http. they dont use sender agreement. So in thier case it would be Receiver Determination the first step, isnt it ?

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

RD is always the first step of XI pipeline.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>So in thier case it would be Receiver Determination the first step, isnt it ?

Yes,but the control will do the same thing as it does in case sender agreement is present.

Since IDOC's have their own SAP standard namespace and interface name,the control will look for that unique combination in receiver determination and then proceed with the pipeline steps.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith

Your pipeline steps follow this

SA

RD

ID

RA

Sender -> CC(SA) ->IS (RD-ID)->CC(RA)-> Receiver

It is not required for Sender IDOC, HTTP, XI, SOAP, MAIL

For these SA is not required as IS take the default properties.

But when you have multiple Adapter engine running on the same PI box then you may need to create mulitple sender agreement on same system. With various key parameters.

For some security reasons also we need to create mulitple sender agreements. Whenever you are dealing with adapters where SA is not required it is always leveraged on RA.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Your pipeline steps follow this

>

> SA

> RD

> ID

> RA

>

> Sender -> CC(SA) ->IS (RD-ID)->CC(RA)-> Receiver

>

Gaurav,

Do you want to say if SA is involved, then SA will be the first step? Because as per my knowdege first RD is executed and from there based on the sender & receiver systems + message interface (inbound/outbound) the control flows accordingly.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh

The sequence i have given is based on the consideration of Collaboration agreements and logical routings at runtime.

Inbound message -> Collaboration agreement -> Logical routing -> Collaboration agreement -> Output message.

Logical routing is on IS and RD is first step at IS.

This is my understanding. Do i need to correct something

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well here is the thing

Sender agreement is not part of Pipeline step.Since its attached to sender communication channel its done on Java stack,after that messages comes to Integration engine where Receiver determination is executed as the first step.

So if we talk about complete message processing,then sender agreement is the first step but if we talk only about the Integration engine(pipeline steps) then Receiver determination is the first step.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aamir for the nice explaination.

@Ajith, I guess now there is no doubt Sender agreement or XI pipeline steps.

You can see the XI pipeline structure here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23639237@N02/2961733381/

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amir

for nice explanation

@ Sarvesh : Thanks for sharing that pic.

I like the way you share a lot of pictorial solution.

@ Ajith : I guess the above conversation resolved your doubt.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir

Thanks for that wonderful explanation. My issue resolved.

Thanks Sarvesh and Gaurav for your nice contributions. I am happy that there was some good discussion about my question.

Thanks for all

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome Gaurav..

Once again thanks to everyone.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nice question. Logically i think it takes place before the receiver determination. We are binding the comm. channel there.