cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Proxy ABAP - Split message possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am facing a slight problem with my scenario, I designed flat file to proxy Abap, it works fine, the problem is that my flat file tend to be a bit too large in term of volume (about 15Mo) and I would like to divide the file in multiple messages.

I managed to do that by putting in the recordset structure : NAME, 500.

It divides the file content in several messages in XI, the problem is that each Proxy call processes a program that deletes and replaces a table. Hence, it only takes in account the last message.

Is there a way to deal with that? maybe to precise that all the messages sent are part of the same source.

Kind regards,

Jamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

we would like to avoid BPM, is there another way?

Regards,

Jamal

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your description, this program of yours is executed within a transactional context. Each execution of the program will be independent of each other.

If you need your messages to be executed within the same transaction, then you need to reunite the separate messages into a unique transaction again, meaning, you need to merge the messages back into one, or correlate them somehow.

Anyway, 15 MB is hard but not unfeasible. With proper sizing/tunning, you should be able to run it in a single execution.

But if split at XI is indeed necessary and you don't want to merge again in XI (wouldn't make much sense, would it?), you need to develop something on the receiver side (Z ABAP) to hold the entries and only when the file is finished, call the initial program.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think your proxy logic work in a manner that you need complete file. Then you need to collect the messages back. Try to make modification to the proxy logic if you can and if not then Use BPM to collect the messages again and send it to proxy as single message.

Thanks

Gaurav