cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP Configuration in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello APO ATP Gurus,

Searching for your assistance configuring APO 30A for an availability check for this scenario:

1. All sales demand is always booked on one plant that is the main distribution center. Plant 1, for example.

2. Materials flow from the plant of manufacture through a regional distribution center to the main distribution center.

The regional distribution center would be Plant 2, for example.

3. The plant of manufacture would be Plant 3, for example.

4. Material movements may be by Stock Transport Order (STO) or a two-step VLMOVE transaction.

5. ATP should only consider valuated, unrestricted-use inventory; stock in transfer; stock in transit; purchase orders; and released production

orders. In no case should a purchase requisition or a planned order be considered as a planned receipt by ATP.

6. The OLTP system is R/3 (ECC 6.00).

7. In material master, procurement keys and special procurement keys are appropriately maintained.

8. An integration model, ATP_CHK, includes all relevant material-plant combinations and has been transferred across the CIF.

My question is if APO can be configured for a basic ATP check or product availability check as I describe in this example without invoking advanced ATP methods such as rules-based ATP. Also, multilevel ATP and CTP are out of scope.

For example, zero inventory in Plant 1; Plant 2; and Plant 3, but a released production order is in Plant 3. In this case, ATP should return the scheduled finish date for this released production order plus planned delivery times between Plant 3 and Plant and, again, between Plant 2 and Plant 1 plus any GR processing time that may be maintained as the material availability date and confirm a sales demand for this date. Also, consider there are no production float times maintained. This scenario does not consider using a checking horizon although that may be leveraged to prevent ATP from looking beyond the checking horizon.

Conceptually, the preferred solution would allow a complete ATP check as described above using a basic ATP method or a combination of the basic methods. Then, utilize rules-based ATP for those situations where a product or location substitution is allowed.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ken

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can carry out Product availability check based on the ATP quantity (Available-to-Promise). The ATP quantity is calculated from stock, planned receipts (production orders, purchase orders, planned orders, and so on), and planned requirements (sales orders, deliveries, reservations, and so on). The system dynamically checks stock and planned goods movements - either with or without using the checking horizon u2013 according to the operation for this type of availability check.

Please follow this link and check under "Product availability check"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/26/c2d63b18bc7e7fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Thank you for your insight. I have previously reviewed the SAP Help document that is the object of your link and the text of your reply.

I remain uncertain as to if the ATP check in APO can be configured across multiple plants as I described in my initial post using one of the basic methods or a combination of basic methods and, secondly, how to configure the ATP check in APO to consider only valuated, unrestricted-use stock; stock in transit; stock in transfer; purchase orders; and released production orders only and no other planned receipts in the scenario I described in my initial post.

Best Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt if you can meet your requirement. You can do Product availability check based on shortage check and it checks the stock based on Planned receipts. Similarly I guess you have to use RBATP for multiple plants. Anyways lets wait for others' opinions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You maintain Maintain Check Control in IMG which is controled by ATP Group and Business event .

Here you mention what element you wants to include in your ATP check.

ATP Check Control: Scope of Check

Check :/SAPAPO/V_ATP05 in Sm30.

Planning engine use logic to plan the receipt that you describe above so in GATP you can use CTP and run the planning run whenever there is shortage .

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Thank you for your reply. To make sure I understand you clearly, assume Plant 1 is a main DC; Plant 2 is a regional DC; and Plant 3 is a manufacturing plant. There is zero inventory in Plants 1, 2, and 3 for the material for which a new sales demand is placed. All sales demand are always placed on Plant 1. Plant 1 gets its material from Plant 2 and Plant 2 gets its material from Plant 3. Assume this description of a supply chain is always the case. Your previous reply helped me to get a part of the configuration completed, but I still have a disconnect where my APO system (3.0A) does not know (or is not retrieving its knowledge) of the described supply chain during an availability check. It is possible that all the required material master elements may not be included in an active integration model to permit my APO system to know this supply relationship. I have recently changed a master data integration model to include additional material master elements so that the trouble may be in the configuration of my availability check or, perhaps, within some other area.

Would you have any additional insights based on this description?

All others are welcome to reply as well.

Best Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here our focus is on Material X at Plant A, B and C.

We need to extend material X at plant A, B and C and include all in our IM.

Also Transportantionlane need to be build from A-B and B-C ( or can be CIF from R/3 based on Special procurement key but i am not sure it is availabe in your version or not , if not you need to create it manually in APO).

And than you need to do setting in APO ( CTP) such that whenever material is not availabe at plant A than run Production planning run.

So as Source of Supply is Tranportation lane it will procure it from B and B will procure it from C and C has PPM to make it in house.

Hope it make sense to you.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Again, thanks for your prompt reply.

When you refer to "extending" a material, I am presuming you mean in R/3 where a material is extended to other plants. If so, this has been done.

I do have transportation lanes built between the plants described in my supply chain scenario. It may not be available in my version (ECC 6.00 & APO 3.0A), but I have tried to find where I might include the special procurement key in R/3 material master in an integration model to activate and transfer across the CIF to APO. So far, I have been unable to identify the setting when creating an integration model and, also, have not found where this master data might reside in APO once transferred.

I am concerned that SCM in APO is not seeing a "source of supply" even though transportation lanes are built. Currently, I do not have any purchasing info records; contracts; or scheduling agreements in R/3 that would be transferred to APO to create an external procurement relationship. I am not certain, in fact, if this is necessary.

You also mention an APO setting (CTP) such that whenever material is not available at plant A then run Production planning run. If you would, a more detailed explanation of this setting will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess currently the discussion is going on CTP and I believe CTP calls PPDS during ATP check and as a result PP/DS planned orders or purchase requisitions, which are visible and are taken into account in planning, always result immediately. A feasible availability date is determined in PP/DS from the result of scheduling these planned orders (taking capacities and the product availability into account. However I am not sure if your requirement is to consider Planned receipts (I underdstood it as 'NOT')

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

As I understand it, your description of CTP is correct in that it does call PP/DS during the ATP check and planned receipts are generated.

Currently, CTP is out of scope for my situation and the consideration of planned orders and purchase requisitions is also out of scope during the ATP check.

It seems that my problem is how to cause SCM to recognize a "source of supply" without calling PP/DS. Or, at least, without generating any planned receipts in PP/DS.

Best Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

SCM GATP will recognise Source supplies to considered based on "Maintain Check Control"/Scope of check...defined in SPRO..

Thukral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i mean in R/3 to extend it for all the plants and include all the plant in IM.

You can see Special procuremen key in MRP2 veiw on material master (mm03 in R/3) but i doubt in APO 3 it will create TL in APO.

Maintain Check Instructions ( In IMG) will driv setting for calling production in ATP check.

Maintain Check Instructions : driven by

Check Mode and

Business event .

"

Start Production

Indicator that controls if PP/DS should be called.

You can choose if an ATP check should be carried out first and then

production planning, or if production planning should be triggered

immediately.

In the case of Production directly, no ATP check is carried out; rather,

an availability check, which runs according to the rules of the net

requirements calculation, is carried out in PP/DS. Based on the result

of the net requirements calculation, a decision is made in PP/DS as to

whether receipt elements should be created.

Use

Depending on the time of production defined, the system tries to start

production for the requested product in the relevant location (or in a

substitute location from the rules-based ATP check).

Of course, the location must be a production plant. If the location (or

location substitution) is not a production plant, the indicator Start

production is ignored.

Dependencies

Through the production type in the check mode, you can control if

Capable-to-Promise (CTP) or a multilevel ATP check should be carried

out."

-

From above thread i understood that you don't wants to go for CTP , than i would sugget to run BOP after SNP solver ( CTM/Heuristic/Optimizer) so that SNP solver can plan receipt at plant A and Sales order schedule line can be confrimed as soon as recipt element generated by BOP ( Back order processing)

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Rathi on Oct 22, 2008 4:12 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Manish and Sai, for your thoughtful replies. I have found that I will be using rules-based availability to accomplish ATP checking across multiple plants. I did see that a user exit is available for development where ATP checking across multiple plants could have been done. Your assistance helped me to close a knowledge gap for global ATP. It now looks like I am stumbling across another obstacle in meeting my ultimate goal for my global availability check, but I will see what I can do with that and post in a separate thread, if necessary.

Thanks!

Ken Wimberley