SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD. Unable to identify device to upload MR result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have a scenario where several info records may have same serial number and device category. However, for a given installation we have a unique info records installed for a given serial number/device category.

When I try to upload a MR result using bapi BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD I get an error saying

"Device xxxxx is allocated to several device cats and therefore not unique". That's strange for my point of view since other info records with that serial number are not even billing related installed in the system.

Does anyone know an alternative way of uploading a MR result for a given installation/PoD?

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Instead of using the device as a reference to upload the MR, can't you use the MR docnumber itself? That's always a unique identifier for one meter reading.

Unless you're trying to create new meter readings without orders in the system...

I'm pretty sure there's more than one BAPI/FM available for meter reading upload too, maybe check if others are more flexible.

Other alternative: can you use the equipment number as a reference in the BAPI? Even for identical sernr and dev cat, the equipment should be unique...

Good luck!

0 Kudos

Hi, thaks for your answer.

Unfortunately we don't generate MRO in advance so we can't make use of them

This bapi doesn't have the equipment as an input parameter neither. Below are input parameters. I gues my only chance is trying to find another bapi. If any one knows any other bapi please, let me know.

Thanks again!

Input parameters:

MATERIAL

SERIALNO

REGISTER

MRREASON

MRIDNUMBER

READINGRESULT

METERREADINGNOTE

ACTUALCUSTOMERMRTYPE

METERREADER

MRDATEFORBILLING

MRTIMEFORBILLING

ACTUALMRDATE

ACTUALMRTIME

MRDATEOFMAXIMUM

MRTIMEOFMAXIMUM

SMORDER

ACTIVE

REFNUMBER

TARGETMRDATE

EXT_UI

MRDATEFORIDENTIF

0 Kudos

Is your set-up of non-unique material-serial number combinations already operational? I don't think this is a best practise, since multiple processes use that combination as a unique input!

On the top of my head:

• meter reading (as proven here)

• device maintenance (IQ02)

• device replacement/removal/installation

Haven't you run into more similar issues?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you atleast need to pass following three parameters:

MATERIAL

SERIALNO

REGISTER

The combination of first 2 parameter identifies the Meter but I think all 3 parameter is key for meter reading as you may have multiple registers in a meter.

-ASB

0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have the installation number you can use ISU_DB_INSTALL_STRUC_SELECT to retreive the device information.

Cheers,

0 Kudos

Hi,

we're not using devices but info records so IQ02 is not necessary. Regarding device replacement/removal we don't have any issue since in the standard transaction de installation is provided.

With the device installation we might run into similar issue, but I still dind't check that out.

So far, that's the only issue I had to deal with.

Thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to execute providing material, serial number, register and external PoD and the error still remains. I have the feeling this bapi is just based on the device regardless the PoD or the installation. Maybe another bapi exists but i wasn't able to find it.

If any one can think of an alternative way of uploading MR result, that may be helpful.

Thanks you all.

0 Kudos

Hi, it should also work for DIR (Device info records). We use it in a UTILTS IDOC upload function module (COMPR) and it works, also don't have MR orders, we receive an IDOC and we create the MR order and upload the result using this same BAPI.

Maybe the problem is you DIR installation, you can use function module ISU_S_SMALL_DEVICE_CREATE to create a new serial number in a batch program and then install it to a single installation with ISU_S_WORKLIST_INSTALL. Like this you have a DIR per installation and then you can use the BAPI BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD to create your MR results without any problems.

Cheers.

Edited by: Elevation on Oct 22, 2008 8:13 PM

Edited by: Elevation on Oct 23, 2008 10:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Hv u tried the function module ALE_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD

Regards

Shashi

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Julian,

0 Kudos

Hello Fanglin!

You may check OSS-Note 1515958.

Kind Regards

Christoph

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

thx. With the help my problem is resolved.

Regards,

Fanglin