Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RED tab Against Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.On the roles tab on PFCG certain roles are showing as "RED" Instead of " GREEN" The roles are generated --any suggestions ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

If the auth tab is RED then it means that the profile is not generated, pl make sure that u generate the profile and then do the user compare so that the users will have the right access.

Sometimes you generate the profile and dont maintain values for all auth objects in that case the auth tab button is YELLOW, but in your case it is RED which means that the profile is not generated at all , so you can generate it and then it will turn to GREEN.

Hope this answers your query.

Happy posting

Best,

Suchitra

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the roles are imported from other system and the values of table PRGN_CUST for PROFILE_TRANSPORT is set to NO then you need to generated the profile again.

If you are in CUA then the auth tabs will be red for the single/derrived roles.

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi george,

Please go to the authorization tab of the individual role. Though the roles are generated , may be some organisation values are missing in the role.

Please check.

Regards,

Sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

The "RED" color indicates that the Role is not generated.

Go to the Authorization tab & generate the role. The role will be generated.

Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

If the auth tab is RED then it means that the profile is not generated, pl make sure that u generate the profile and then do the user compare so that the users will have the right access.

Sometimes you generate the profile and dont maintain values for all auth objects in that case the auth tab button is YELLOW, but in your case it is RED which means that the profile is not generated at all , so you can generate it and then it will turn to GREEN.

Hope this answers your query.

Happy posting

Best,

Suchitra

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I remember a year ago or two on a certain patch level of the 6.20 system sometimes the roles ended up with unassigned profiles even if everything was generated and OK.

Do not remember the note which solved it, but you can probably find it in http://service.sap.com/notes

Best of luck!

/fredrik

0 Kudos

Hi

These roles were brought in from one of our sand boxes into another sand box..and only a few roles had " red against them " -These were the very 'critical" ones-meanign used by the IT team

I checked the Parameters as suggested that was OK..but what surprises me is " why only a few roles ??" anyway the overhead being less -and still in sandbox -- I just generated it again and did the user compare.

Now for time being its OK.

But here is my thought:

As the new SBox towhich the roles were imported is not on the transport route -> do you think that woudl have caused this ? the few roles are huge fellas !