cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add the Project in CATS Time Sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is to add the project No. in Time sheet.

plese guide

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a field of entering WBS element in time sheet thru CAT2, where you can put in the wbs number and the time sheet will be automatically assigned to the project .

Please clarify , exactly what problem you are facing or what is the exact requirment.

Thanks,

Dhruv Kumar Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is as such "Project No has to be added. in the data entry screen. When I choose the Project Number field in the data entry screen the network should be populated. There should be a way of searching for Project based on Sales Order in the (Search Help)

This is what exactly my requirement.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is only with project no. not with WBS, In std. profile we are getting wbs from where we could be able to see the project no. along with wbs, But our requiremnt is only project no. first then related NW and then related Activities.

Regards,

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it cannot be the project defintion as it is not an account assignment object.

CATS entry has to be against a WBS or network/ activity

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi uma,i am facing same prob....could u plz help me to resolve this prob...thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have done with enhancement development.

Hope it help you.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Please refer the link as mentioned below

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/CATS/CATS.pdf

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

You may want to consider adding an Elementary Search help (search for networks via Sales Order) to the existing Collective Search Help 'ASH_AUKO'. This is the Search Help that gets called when a user attempts to search for a Network within CAT2. You simply need to create your own search help that instructs SAP to search networks for the Sales Order specified by the user.

I've done this for many clients and most ABAPers will know the procedure for doing so. Then as an additional touch, you may which to display the corresponding Sales Order within one of the available customized text fields within the Data Entry line, as per Customer Exit 'CATS0009'.

Here's a snippit of the Help for this exit:

You can use this SAP enhancement to display customized texts in the data

entry section of the time sheet. The fields CATSFIELDS-DISPTEXT1 and

CATSFIELDS-DISPTEXT2 are used for this purpose.

The fields are 40 characters long and can be used to display the

description of an object that has been entered (such as a WBS element),

for example.

Regards,

Scott.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a standard enhacement available CATS007 using this you can see project number project description, wbs number, wbs descritption in the CAT2.

Hope this will help you

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer below link for Data Entry Profile Config..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ca/151e46eafc11d1a548006008732f24/frameset.htm

If u want to post time to WBS then uncheck with worklist and mention RPLFST01 in Selectio Report in Data Entry profile.

Venkat

Edited by: VenkatSrinvas Konda on Oct 22, 2008 5:32 AM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

set up a CATS profile with WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you veerendra,

i have searched the same in the data entry profile, i could not.

could you please help me further where it exist?

Regards,