cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Buffered" Multiple Queues (Content-Specific) ccBPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

If I try to configure the inbound processing (SWF_INB_CONF) for an integration process as "Buffered possible" and Multiple Queues (Content-Specific) I get the following message.

"Combination of delivery mode Buffering Possible and queue handling Multiple Queues (Content-

Specific) is not permitted"

Could anyone explain me, why this is not permitted? Does anyone know a workaround?

BR,

Rene.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Incase if there are two messages in two different queues they both would be waiting for the same buffer. Instead the messages should be directly delivered to the process instance.

I dont think XI has a provision for the messages to wait in queue for a buffer.

Also you can refer following blog to better understand buffering in XI:-

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10195] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Sami.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Rene

Any Special reason you need to have Buffering possible?

I will try to give my understanding of why what you are trying does not work -

When you have a Single Queue - Message would go to the single Queue and then are then sent across to Process Specific Buffer.

In your case you want to combine multiple Queues ( Content Specific and hence I assume you have a Correlation ). In this case, multiple queues would be created in the runtime depending on the message / correlation and hence having a buffer after this doesn't make much sense to me.

Maybe there is a better answer, or rather a better way to explain this, and I would love to hear it as well but just that to me this combination doesn't seem to make sense.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

yes i use a correlation and for performance reasons i have to use multiple queues (content specific). The messages for a specific process instance will not arrive in a specific order, so I have to buffer the messages after correlation for each process instance (each process instance should has a seperate queue).

How can i solve this problem?

Thx for help!

BR,

Rene.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guess one of the two,

1. Move the correlating Receive Steps to multiple branches of a Fork Step.

2., If 1 is not possible; then you will have to use a Single Queue!

Can you provide the process of your BPM so we can possibly look at way to see if Buffering is not needed!

Regards

Bhavesh