cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfc error in RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no error in the Moni but in RWB it is throwing the error below. I am using BPM. It is at the step when data is sent from IP to BAPI. This is not a new interface. It has been working fine earlier and the strange thing is it is working fine for the same batch (with different data). But for this particular batch it is failing with the error below.

I have checked the mapping (test tab) by importing the same xml file and it executes with no issue. I have refreshed the cache and checked the Q-smq1-smq2.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

kanan

Exception caught by adapter framework: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling ZBAPI_GL_JOURNAL_POSTING in remote system (RfcClient[CC_RECEIVER_RFC_GL]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Unable to interpret *22 as a number.

2008-10-21 10:55:25 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection RFC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling ZBAPI_GL_JOURNAL_POSTING in remote system (RfcClient[CC_RECEIVER_RFC_GL]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Unable to interpret *22 as a number.: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling ZBAPI_GL_JOURNAL_POSTING in remote system (RfcClient[CC_RECEIVER_RFC_GL]).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all and thanks for your responses..

i have chked the data passed to bapi and tried to find 22 (not *22). Only at 3 fields, ..22.. are present. and the dat types are Fltp(Lenght 16 decimal 16), char(Lenght 12 decimal 0) and Int4(Lenght 10 decimal 0) for these fiels. Actually this batch contains some 1000 line items. But this interfaces is not a new development and has been running fine for yrs now. Please suggest.

kanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanan,

As you have defined that 22 is been passed into three variables, one of the variables Int4(Lenght 10 decimal 0) expects 22 as a number, but i believe along with 22 some character string is also getting populated which BAPI is not able to recognize it.

There is no other way , you need to check the data.

Better split into 500 and filter, it will be easy for you.

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the mapping for *22 data. Is this defined as String? If yes and so your mapping is working fine and failing in BAPI when converting this data to Integer or Number?..

Check the BAPI...

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the RFC Channel Connection parameters.

Observing error *Unable to interpret 22 as a number I speculate that some wrong value might have been entered to the parameters like system number in the channel.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

If there is any connection issues, how come it got executed for the first batch.

I do believe there is something to do with data.

Regards

Krish

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Krish. I was wrong in that case.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the error.

Unable to interpret *22 as a number.

boldThis is something to do with the data going inside BAPI.

Check all the relevant inputs which is been sent. I beleive there is no technical issues except that the data is been sent erroneously or not recognized by BAPI.