SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity Conversion in F & A Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

This question is related to F & A Pricing in IS-Oil MAP solution.

I am facing a problem while changing a Billing Document in VF02. In the pricing item conditions screen, when I try to click on the zoom button of a F & A condition type, I am getting the following error message.

"Unable to convert between units of measure L15 and TO for material". But in the material master of the given material, the converion between TO and L15 has been maitained.

Also I am aware that the F & A pricing might also use the QCI component for the conversion. So anyone help me on where to look for the quantity conversion details specified for F & A pricing.

Thanks in advance,

Sankar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

Material master conversion is used only during sales order and Delivery document. When material movement takes place the conversion will be based on QCI. Please check whether TO is maintained in UoM group. To check QCI conversion , you can use Oil Qty Desktop calculator where you can enter material and Quantity and check conversion.

Regards,

Natarajan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

Material master conversion is used only during sales order and Delivery document. When material movement takes place the conversion will be based on QCI. Please check whether TO is maintained in UoM group. To check QCI conversion , you can use Oil Qty Desktop calculator where you can enter material and Quantity and check conversion.

Regards,

Natarajan

0 Kudos

Hello Nataran,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the QCI calculator and it gives the result for the conversion between TO and L15.

Also as you mentioned, I checked the UoM Group of the used material and it does not contain the TO in it.

So adding the TO in the UoM Group would solve the problem ?

Thanks,

Sankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shankar,

Adding TO in UoM group may lead to inconsistencies for those material documents posted already. Surprise that you see TO in QCI Test but not in UoM group.

To analyse further, Please check in table LIPSO2 using the delivery document number and Item number and see whether you see a quantity for TO or other mass UoM such as KG. Also please share the below information.

1. Transaction qty and UoM.

2. Base Uom and quantity

3. F&A Price quotation price units.

Regards,

Natarajan

0 Kudos

Hello Natarajan,

The informations are..

Transaction Quantity - 1.250.000 L15

Base UoM - L15

F&A Price quotation UoM - M15

Also I checked the mentioned table.. It has no entry for the given Billing Document number.

Thanks,

Sankar Ram S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

You ned to check table LIPSO2 using Delivery Document number ( not Billing document number ) .

Now since all UoMs are in L15, it is a strange message. Is there any surcharge maintained in the price formula using UoM "TO"..

Please check.

Rgds,

Natarajan