cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic debit to tranporter for qty short received

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

In our company, in case of STO during the Delivery (VL10B) we are using the Shipment (VT01) & Shipment Cost (VI01) .

Thus the Frieght cost is settled then n their & a service entry sheet will be generated.

At the receiving plant we will be doing MIGO w.r.t. Outbound Delivery. Now, if the GRN qty (say 98 pcs) is less than the delivery qty (100 pcs), then we want that the transporter should be automatically debited for the difference qty. as soon as we save the MIGO & it should be entered in the same service entry sheet created earlier. Simulteneously a Debit Note should be generated to the transporter.

Is it possible to map this in SAP ? If not, in what way can our requirements be met ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushal,

It's funny that you ask that, because someone had the same requirement at a customer site and asked nearly the same question.

So maybe the requirement makes sense

In case of STO the problem is that we want to enter in the receiving plant all the quantity that was in transit.

Example: 100 units go out of the delivering plant, but when arriving at the receiving plant only 95 units are present.

There can be 3 reasons for this:

- Mistake at the delivering plant (wrong picking)

- Problem with the carrier / logistic agent (theft or goods not in good shape)

- Mistake at the receiving plant (wrong counting)

If the palet plastic cover (protection) is still intact, then it is probably a mistake from the delivering plant.

If the palet plastic cover is torn out, theft during the transport is a probable cause.

IMHO one way to proceed is to always enter 100% of the quantity of the STO.

Then afterwards you should "sell" the missing goods to the transport agent (logistics carrier) with a real sales order, delivery and invoice. This way the stock will be corrected and the transport agent will be billed.

When the mistake is from the delivering plant, then one way to solve it would be to register a negative inventory difference in the receiving plant to correct the inventory, a positive inventory difference at the delivering plant and then handle the problem through internal procedure. From a Financial point of view, the goods did not leave the company in case of an internal STO, so no big deal. Of course if that happens a lot, someone should ask questions to the Logistics Manager of the delivering plant!

Best Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Khushal,

i just saw your question and even i also have the same requirement can you please provide me the details how did u achieve this requirement in your project.

So that i will also implement the same in my project.

waiting for your reply.

Thanking you,