cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training MII v12 - South Africa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to find out if there are any online training labs vor MII v12.

I have been involved with several xMII projects with V10 up to V11.5.

Or is there documentation that I can download , also how can I get a demo version for testing purposes.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the main thing seems that the Partner ship is required to get ones hands on trail version and also to get better hands on training, but for now we will go through the help docs and all the other docs that I got, so that we can atleast understand the changes that has been done.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morne,

Are you an SAP employee or an SAP Partner?

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dianna,

My answer would be Neither, as we have done implementations for various clients.

Anglo Platinum (xMII v10.5 - this was still illuminator) , BHP in Australia and BHP in Columbia (Version 11.5)

We originally did training via illuminator in the States when Lighthammer still owned the xMII/illuminator package

Regards

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Morne,

If you are already familiar with 11.5, you don't really need training in 12.0. The layout is substantially different (all the editors are combined into a single workbench), but you should not have any difficulty in using the single tool. There are a number of additional capabilities built in and more coming in 12.1, but these are incremental changes (once you get past that it is on a NetWeaver platform).

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morne,

Do you have access to the Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com)? If you have this access, there are Learning Maps the provide insight into the 12.0 version.

I believe anyone can access the 12.0 documentation at http://help.sap.com -> xAPPs -> Composite Applications Manufacturing and Intelligence.

If you aren't with an SAP Partner, I am not sure how you would get to try version 12 - I will look into this further for you.

Kind Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the links ,

I will go through the help files to see whats new

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply , I guess you are right in the fact that one won't really need training.

I'm more after like a online lab , like MS hosts, so that one can play aroud with it and just get a feel.

I have also written an App that takes MII transactions which builds a hirachy of all transactions involved

in a single transaction. This allows me to take the debug out put from MII and throw it into this app which will guide me to the action block that threw the error, it also draws sequence diagrams of transactions

created. I developed this app out of frustration of trying to debug some large transactions and also to help with my as built documentation. I also need to understand how thre trx file structure changed in order to update my app to help me in in the future

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Morne,

Sounds like an interesting app. There is a migration tool available to move your 11.5 objects (templates, transactions, and webpages) into 12.0. I would try that first rather than rebuilding your objects. There might be some additional tweaking required, but using the migration tool will minimize most of it. I suspect that from the nature of your application, it digs into the xMII structure which did change in 12.0. In those areas, you will probably have to do some kind of search and replace or manually go through the links of interest.

You should also take a look at the SDN templates which are available for download for 12.0. You may be able to pick up some of the differences there.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Oct 21, 2008 4:45 PM

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neither? Isn't Hatch an SAP Partner?

Go to: http://service/sap.com/okp (Online Knowledge Product)

There is a self paced online xMII 12.0 Technology and Solution Consultant learning map, designed for version 12.0 that assumes 11.5 knowledge, and focuses more towards delta training in order to fill in the gap of 'What's New'. It covers the new additions, NetWeaver changes that supplant IIS/ServletExec, the Migration Tool, and focuses quite a bit on the new developer Workbench. If you do not have access the main link will give you directions on how to acquire access to the learning map.

There will be one in support of version 12.1 as well in the months to come.

Please disregard the 'former System Integrator' tone in Mike's comments about not needing training...old habits are tough to break

We can all appreciate the schedule contraints of projects, but in order to best meet the customer needs and represent the MII product properly, education does play an important role. Self taught, learning on the job at the expense of the customer does tend to cause implementation problems, and those of us that support MII appreciate when the effort is taken to etablish a solid foundation of learning through the formal education process.

Regads,

Jeremy

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ouch! You cut me to the quick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hatch is still in busy to get a SAP partner ship; my colleague Sylvia Wong from our Canadian office is handling that.

Thanks for all the advice at least that helps a bit...