cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI7.1 Authorization error unknown user name or incorrect password ESR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Effected system is an upgraded PI 7.1 SP6 system (from XI 3.0 SP22) running on HP-UX and Oracle.

When we try to login to the ESR or the Integration Builder with a valid user we get the error message:

Authorization error; unknown user name or incorrect password

The user has all the SAP_XI* composite roles and has SAP_ALL rights. We can logon to the runtime workbench with this user. So ABAP and Java stacks are synchronized correctly.

We have tried all possible combinations of usernames and passwords (correct case, all upper/lower case etc.) We have also tried other users but this always results in the same error message.

We extensively checked the exchange profile and netweaver administrator for errors, but everything seems to be correct. The host is defined as full-qualified name and all the ports are ok. We can logon to other PI systems so ports are open and active. We can do a telnet to the RMI port (58004) from the client pc.

There are no error messages in the Java logfiles.

Cheers,

Christiaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

I've checked the roles but couldn't find anything wrong. I even give the user SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role but no results.

What did you do to correct the problem?

Cheers,

Christiaan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is solved by installing the latest support patches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you compared the Java Assigned roles in the UME for the J2EE_ADMIN to the roles you are using for this user??

Sometimes there are roles in the Java Stack that are not assignable in the ABAP STack... worth a check

We had similar issues here recently on PI7.1 SP6!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already looked at the blog. The number of connections seems to be ok. I've tested java 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 but no difference. Other systems (XI 3.0) work fine from the client. The server itself is also configured correctly, there are 2 other XI 3.0 instances running fine on this host.

Cheers,

Christiaan.

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christiaan,

The problem could be with java Web Start. You would have updated it or may have got updated automatically.

Unstall the Existing and try to Intall JDk 1.4.2 or Higher.

This had solved my problem. May this will help you.

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There might be a possibility that you connections are full. We had also a authorization error but the difference was we couldn't access the Java stack at all.

So we applied the sap note: 316877

After s stop-start of the PI we had no problems.

I am not sure if it is the same, because i think you can acces the Java part. But you might try it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiaan,

Check the second point in below blog if it is helpful.

Another Option: If this was working fine earlier and rarely this problem occurs, then you can request for restart of both ABAP and Java stacks of XI and check the login after restart.

Regards,

Dinakar