cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM/SAINT support packs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am updating SPAM?SAINT from 700/0023 to 700/0030. I have found the Support Pack version in Service Market place and when I did click Download it does not show up in my Download manager.

Is it because all these can only be downloaded from Solution Manager?

How do I go find the Spam/Saint Update in Solution Manager? I could not find it. Like we have the additional components in service market place, do we also have some kind of a tab in SOlman ?

Thanks

Druva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to configure Maintainance Optimizer on Solution Manager in order to approve the SP's...

Once approved thwy'll show on your download manager

Read,

http://service.sap.com/mopz

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Juan,

another question if you do not mind.

When I open the .sim file for Maintenance Optimizer in step 5 it says" enter the Maintenance ERP system Date and then press enter". What does it actually mean.

It am stuck there and have not been able to proceed further. Could you assist me.

Regards

Druva

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

huh?.... never seen those Tutor videos... so no clue.

Why don't you follow the MOPZ guide instead?... you'll find it on the address i gave you above.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah thanks,

but I just wanted to know if there was something tricky in Step 5.

Regards

Druva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello out there. Where else can I download these SPAM/SAINT files? As I need to get hold of the latest 30 and 31 files but am no longer able to. Unless i get authorization/permission first.

Please do let me know. Help is appreciated.

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

I did not totally get you.

You have no permission to access the Solman or the service market place?

You can find them in service market place, and are you updating spam/saint on two different systems. You said 30 and 31 files so I did not understand that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, what i meant to say was yes I dont have access to SolMan's new area for downloading. And I wanted both the SAPKD 30 and 31 files. But cannot reach them.

Anyone out there can i point me to a place where this is possible? Cause sometimes trying to access files there can be a hassle to get hold of.

Many thanks for that

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without using SOLMAN to approve the downloads, you cannot download the SPs.

This is the very annoying (and unfair in my opinion) way that SAP found to make SOLMAN mandatory.

Nowadays the customer is no more able to decide if a utility software is useful...The vendor decides !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi john,

Olivier has answered your question. You need to have the solman access to confirm the download after you choose the support packs and add them to download basket.

regards

dhruva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olivier,

When I open the .sim file for Maintenance Optimizer in step 5 it says" enter the Maintenance ERP system Date and then press enter". What does it actually mean.

It am stuck there and have not been able to proceed further. Could you assist me.

Regards

Druva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Druva,

>When I open the .sim file for Maintenance Optimizer in step 5 it says" enter the Maintenance ERP >system Date and then press enter". What does it actually mean.

Sorry but when I have approved SP downloads with SOLMAN, I had no .sim file to deal with.

So, I don't have an answer....

I just put my SPs in my download basket, then I go in SOLMAN in solution_manager transaction where I choose whatever solution we have (there is no control, I can approve CRM SPs with an BI solution...). Then When I use Download manager, I see all the approved SPs.

Regards,

Olivier

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

again... the .sim file is a SAP Tutor "Tutorial" that i never seen myself and i don't think Olivier has use as reference either... just stick to the MOPZ configuration manual and you'll be sorted.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>and i don't think Olivier has use as reference either

I confirm, I don't play The Sim's !

Olivier

Answers (0)