cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Console Security Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Guru's

I need to create users in our MDM system. I tried creating users for single repository. Now my question is

1. Do i need to carry same work in every Repository of Development/Quality/Production servers or is there any other work around way.

2. I have assigned password in the Console. I don't want user to work in "MDM Console". If the user wants to change his password, Is there any other way to change his password than doing it in MDM Console.

Please guide me. thanks in Advance

cheers

Srihari Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

For maintaing same users for development, production,testing etc. you can use the concept of archieving the repository.

You can refer to the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

For changing the pwd, console gui is mandotory.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Edited by: Minaz Kathawala on Oct 21, 2008 2:28 PM

Edited by: Minaz Kathawala on Oct 21, 2008 2:32 PM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

All you need to do is upgrade your patch to MDM 5.5 SP06 P2 which supports changing of password from the Clients.

Kindly update the Thread status.If your query is solved

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Guru's

ThankQ for all ur advice n gudience.

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srihari,

Do i need to carry same work in every Repository of Development/Quality/Production servers or is there any other work around way.

- Transportation in MDM can be achieved in one of the following ways

1)Archieve/Unarchieve Repository: This is the most recommented way,you can by this way transport just the structure of the repository or else the repository structure with the data as well which ever is your req.

2)Export/Import Schema:- This way will help you transport your rep by exporting the schema form your say production environment to the quality environment but without data only structure.However using this method you have the option of either selecting your rejecting the changes from one rep to the other.

3) Duplicate Repository:Using this method you can crete a duplictae repoitory of the rep in question which will same as the previous one in all respect.

You can refer the below link which talks about a similar req:

+I have assigned password in the Console. I don't want user to work in "MDM Console". If the user wants to change his password, Is there any other way to change his password than doing it in MDM

Console.+

- All Security functions are handled in the MDM console it self.MDM console is the administration tool of the MDM software.

- The users and their passwords are maintained in the Console.However in the latest version of MDM you can change the pwd from the MDM clinets like data manager as well.

- This will however allow you to change only the usesr pwd for all other settings youw ill still ahve to use the MDM console.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.users/roles can be ported using Archive/Unarchive or use export /import shema to get in roles & create users later

2. users can change their password using data manager, no need for console access. ( Configuration menu-> change password)

-Sudhir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

1. Do i need to carry same work in every Repository of Development/Quality/Production servers or is there any other work around way.

Ans. You can either move the entire repository using Archive/UnArchive repository or Export/Import Repository Schema options.

2. I have assigned password in the Console. I don't want user to work in "MDM Console". If the user wants to change his password, Is there any other way to change his password than doing it in MDM Console.

Ans. Generally Users are not given the Console because it is administrative related. You can restrict the user by assigning proper rights or you can also protect the MDM Server.

As per my knowledge, In MDM 5.5 SP06 P2 users can change their password from GUI Clients i.e. Data Manager, Import Manager using Configuration Change Password.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

In case of Users, you will have to manually create same users in all the repositories (Dev/Quality/Production) or you can follow archive/unarchive option. But if you want to replicate Roles in all the repositories then you don't need to create roles manually in all the repositories. You can do this by first exporting the schema of the repository in which you have created all the roles then import that same schema in all the other repositories. While importing the schema, MDM will display a screen from which you can select what all changes you want to replicate in the target repository. From there you can select accept for Roles tables and reject for all other tables. But you can't follow same steps for Users table because Users table is not exported while exporting schema.

Unfortunately this is not possible without MDM Console; all the User authorization operations can be performed in MDM console only.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can configure all your work in Development then transport the same in Production/Quality.(By exporting and importing schema).

you can refer the guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20751e78-f81f-2a10-228f-eb3a1642...

Regards

Nisha

Edited by: Nisha L on Oct 21, 2008 2:31 PM