cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archivelink u2013 System refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to refresh our SAP R/3 QA system with a copy of our PRD. For both systems we have a content server installed which are used for HR pictures etc but the links a created as archivelinks in R/3.

Do we need to do some kind of post activity for restoring the archive links after QA have refreshed with a copy forum PRD?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Normally you will have no chance to load the pictures on newly copied QA-System from the "old" Content Management System.

Why?

The QAS documents are stored on the test content management system. Thats ok. They are linked to the sap items with entries in tables toa01, toa02, toa03 or toahr (in the testsystem). If you do the system copy you will loose these links...

So you have garbage in your link tables...

A clean way is to delete the files on the test content management system and the entries in the toa-tables (SAP). Or you can delete the R/3-Entries only. Or you can "copy" the data from the productive cms to the test system (but i've never heard about that).

You can try to delete the documents in sap via transaction oaad but i think you will be faster if you do it with a simple delete-statement.

regards,

martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that you have a QA content server and a production content server.

Is this right ?

You have to decide what you want :

• See the production pictures from the R/3 QA system

or

• Be able to create new pictures from the QA R/3 System

In my company, we absolutely want to avoid to create test pictures from the QA R/3 system into the production content system.

So we loose the possibility to see the production pictures and we have to modify OAC3 after each database refresh.

Regards,

Olivier