SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds precommitment in a PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we would like to know if it is possible to post to a funds precommitment (or commitment) instead to a funds reservation when doing a purchase order (MM).

Thanks all in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes it is possible

FMY3 Display Funds Precommitment

FMY4 Approve Funds Precommitment

thanks

karthik

0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I meant using transaction ME23N, if it was possible to select a precommitment document in order to reduce available amount of the budget.

Yhanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No

It is not possible in ME51N or in ME21N to reduce budget against funds precommitment. Only funds reservation is allowed

Best regards

Salvator

PSM-FM Consultant

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If your intention with creation of a purchase order with precommitment is to reduce available amount of the budget, please consider the following menu in the user menu (not customizing):

Accounting -> Public Sector Management -> Posting -> Funds Precommitment -> FMY1 - Create

and also

Accounting -> Public Sector Management -> Posting -> Funds Commitment -> FMZ1 - Create

You can reserve budget without creating a PO.

Please check the following menu path in www.help.sap (i will copy here because the link did not change in some sub-menus):

Public Sector Management -> Funds Management -> Funds Management-Specific Postings -> Earmarked Funds and Funds Transfers ->

and also

Public Sector Management -> Funds Management -> Funds Management-Specific Postings -> Earmarked Funds and Funds Transfers -> Reducing Earmarked Funds

You will find some additional information in the process required by you and also the following processes.

I hope it helps

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, since this is Assumed Answered I would like to restate the question and get your feedback.

I understand that SAP has provided a BAdI named Define Document Type for Reduction by Other Documents (FMFR_ALLOW_DOCCATS) which makes it possible to define which earmarked funds documents (Reservations, Precommitments or Commitments) can be reduced by follow-on FI or MM documents.

Has anyone used this approach to allow reducing Precommitments from POs?

0 Kudos

It seems that this is possible in SAP ECC 6.0 EhP6, EA-PS 606, when activating business function PSM_FM_CI_4.

"Funds Commitment and Funds Precommitment in Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order

When creating a purchase order (PO) or a purchase requisition (PR), Public Sector customers can now reference the funds commitment (FC) and funds precommitment (FP) earmarked funds document (EFD) categories, in addition to funds reservation (FR). When the PO references a PR, they must belong to the same EFD category."