cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of MDM & ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM Guru's,

We tried to configure our MDM system (5.5 SP06-Patch 03 u2013 HF07) version with SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 which popped up with error message "Installation of Add on MDM_TECH Rel. 555_700: Missing Packages.

SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 server is pre-configured and does not know will it support the upgrade patches and how does the server behave if it is upgraded with the patches required for MDM installation.

Kindly advice us ASAP as we want to do customizations on our MDM system.

Thanks in advace

Srihari Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

If you want to establish communication between ECC 6.0 system and MDM without using PI; then you need to use MDM ABAP API.

Please download the MDM_TECH add On Patch from Service market place and install it on your ECC system. Then using transaction MDMAPIC you can do all the configurations required for establishing communication between ECC 6.0 and MDM system.

The error which you are getting is also clearly indicating that MDM_TECH add on patch is not installed on your ECC system.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

You need to install right version of MDM_TECH patch on ECC System in order to establish communication with MDM.

You can check the right MDM_TECH Patch by using transaction SPAM/SAINT in

R/3 System according to release 640 or 700 and according to your MDM Server

Build

There is no dedicated version for SP06 available.

For SP06 you can use

MDM_Tech 555_700Patch0003

or

MDM_Tech 555_640Patch0003

according to the WebAS version of your ECC System.

Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for Quick Feedback.

My question is that how does the ECC 6.0 (R/3) server react if we install the patchs required to install MDM on it. Becoz as per our Basis Consultant our ECC 6.0 Server(Discovery Server) is Pre-Configured. Will it (server) work good if we upgarde it with MDM missing patchs to install MDM_Tech add on.

I don't have much understanding on the Basis procedure. Can you please guide me.

Note: this is basically to work with ABAP API's.

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

You can do all the configurations in ECC system using transaction MDMAPIC but you can access this transaction only when MDM_TECH add on patch is installed on the system.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari ,

I have worked on MDM ABAPI and there will be no problem if you guys will update the MDM_TECH patch on your ECC in fact it is mandatory to install a compatible version of MDM_TECH on ECC according to the version of MDM.

for furthure help on ABAP APIs you can follow these forums whwre I have tried to reslove quries relqted to MDM ABAP APIs

thanks and regards,

Vinay Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

My question is will the ECC 6.0 Server work properly with other Applications installed on it along with MDM. Becoz our Basis Consultant says ECC 6.0 is pre-configured and it does not support MDM installation & by adding MDM Patch server might not work incase of other applications installed on it.

Please guide me.

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari ,

Yes applying patches will not affect any application running on or with ECC System.And your ECC System will work properly with other Applications installed on it along with MDM.

Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thank you very much for ur valuable guidence. I have applied OSS Note with SAP.

Cheers

Srihari