cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to Pick the Single file from The source Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Scenario is File to RFC .. I'm getting the files in the source Directory.. File names are SENDER_(TIMESTAP).XML .. but the problem is... When ever Files are available in the Source Directory Immediately XI was picking all the files at a time.. But I want to to Pick a single file at a time..

for Making this what we have to do.. After Processing the first file then only my Sender adapter should pick the next file... (even though Multiple files are available in my Source Directory)

Regards

Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in this case it should work to increase the polling interval of the File Adapter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no direct process for this, but there is an inderct way....

if the sender system is installed in Unix OS, set up a Cron job to file when no file is there in the sender FTP folder.

cron job checks in such a way that if any file is there then it will put the incoming file in other(Archive) folder and soon afterXi pickes up the file... cron job will take the old file from other(Archive) folder and put in sender folder.

Thanks,

Madhav

Note: Points If Useful.

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

As of my understanding, XI will pickup all the messages at a single time. You can try with Java Proxy/Adapter module for this, again it would be a challenging task in both the cases...you can give it a try if u need...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This blog will help your to solve your problem..

Look into Solution N° 1: use only option "File name Mask" first scanario in this blog..

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

wanna suggest one idea.Suppose you have Folder ONE.use other folder NAME: TWO folder.

Make your XI point to TWO.and from XI using OS commands in Receiver Adapter config call the shell script.

Write a shell script to take Oldest file from ONE and copy in TWO.

Here you can get one file processing and after processing your Receiver adapter will call shell script to put file in TWo..XI takes and send ...and so on..

NOTE: If ONE folder is empty the you cant run the scenarioi untill you manually keep file in TWO..Think and use it.

Thanks

Prabhakar

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the thread and check the reply by Gaurav Bhargav.

Thanks!

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If files are coming in your source directory one by one in intervals than just increase the polling interval or if many files are available at a time in source directory and you want them to execute in order then you can put the Quality Of service as EOIO with queue name.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evrybody..

Thanks for your Immediate Response..

for Increasing the poll Interval.. I;m getting the Bunch files at a time in my source directory..... so.. If I made the Poll Interval as 18000 Secs also... My Sender File Adapter was picking all the files at a time... but I want to Pick one file... and next file i want to pick after 18000 Secs only..

ANY HELP

jAIN

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the other option was use Adapter specific attributes in the Sender Communication channel..

or

while droping the files ask them to drop using time stamp in another directory and an external validation is required .. and after validation push single file to Source directory using batch file..

i.e use a batch file using run time operating system or make that batch file to run at OS level ..

where the batch files needs to validate the time interval of the file and needs to push a single file to the source directory.. where from there we can directly pick a single file and process..

regards,

Kishore

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the other way was try with the BPM's u can make the message to wait and process and at sender side u cannot block or restrict in picking the files..

or else as with the above u need to set the poll interval based on the file frequency..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just increase the polling Interval of your File adapter

So that the Adapter will wait untill the next polling time

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,