cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the Delta functionality works while updating Infocube from PA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

How does the Delta functionality works when you send forecast to the Info cube from the Planning Area.

As I have weekly based planning, every week we have to update the forecast into the Cube. If I update every week into the Cube , then the values are going to append in the Info cube.

Shall I create ODS in between the Planning area and the Info cube .

(or)

Any other method ?

Please Suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A delta update only requests data which has appeared since the last delta.Before you can request a delta update, you must first initialize the delta process. I think you should be OK if you use delta updates.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham,

Data Extraction from planning area to infocube usually its supports for full update only, when u r going to load the data from planning area to cube ,it deletes the previous data and u vil get the fresh data, this is the best method performance wise,

if u want to use the delta functionality u can go for planning area to Dso, Dso to cube, it vil supports the delta functionality, but it vil degrades the system performance,

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

1. If you never correct your forecast after saving, you can select "get last week" for 0CALDAY on Data Selection tab of Infopackage. Either select "ABAP routine" and fill the date selection from Z table for example. Schedule Infopackage weekly.

2. If you need real Delta - you are right, create the ODS (update type for all keyfigures should be 'overwrite') to get data from PA. Get the data to Cube from ODS in Delta mode.

Regards,

Alexander