Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI-Reporting Users-S_RFC

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to BI security .I am trying to create analysis Authorization Roles for Reporting Users.

For This the only T-code I gave is RRMX.

Now by default some objects got added in Authorization Tab However When I assigned this role to the user ,user is not able to get into RRMX as they are getting No authorization for RFC.

So My question is :Do we need S_RFC object in reporting user roles?

If so there are any standard RFC names (RFC_Name) that I have to give?

Most of the times it pops up message saying that it needs SYST RFC .For which I gave access still the problem persists.

Any Help in this area will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

4 REPLIES 4

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Run a ST01 trace on a userid with maximum RFC authorization and run the report(s) you want your 'to be restricted' user to be able to run. Read the trace file and enter the listed RFC objects in S_RFC in your role.

Good luck!

Lodewijk Borsboom

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually in my system the trace is not getting captured ...that is the reason i could not follow the method you have told.Even I thought of this before also.I need to fix this too...

My problem is fixed now by the following way:(workaround):

I just added the S_RFC object and made activity to 16 and RFC to FUGR.Left RFc_name blank.

Then I started to use the user with this above role every time when i tried to access the Bex it pops up error message saying I do not have authorization particular functional module the I go on adding the same in the S_RFC object.

Like this I had to do 10 time now I am able to Pull the report.

Thanks once again.

0 Kudos

In BEX analyser (TRX RRMX) trace is not working.

yes you should assign RFC authorisations.

after creating the role always logon with a test userid to see if it works, by trial and error you can solve the RFC authorisation problem during the test process, (OR GIVE * VALUE IN ALL FIELDS FOR RFC) you should create a general user role with RFC and other general authorisations and assign that to all users.

Last but not least go the SAP BW security course ASAP!

0 Kudos

Vani,

Go through SAP Note 161292.

I has saome standard BW roles..in that check for S_RFC values for BW reporting users.

It will give u exact answer for your question