Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accounting document posted using bapi but not seen in database!!!

arjun_subhash
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i am facing a same problem with both bapis

bapi_acc_invoice_reciept_post and

bapi_acc_document_post

the return message is showing

'document XXX posted successfully' but no such documents seen in bseg and bkpf!!!

earlier i successfully used bapi_acc_gl_posting_post , its creating documents but my requirement is to post credit to a particular vendor account not to a balancesheet ledger which cannot be done using bapi_acc_gl_posting_post.

what should be done.

My doc_type is KR

any help please???

Edited by: Arjun Subhash on Oct 21, 2008 10:40 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

After posting data through BAPI we have to call a function module

'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'

Then your data will refelect in the database.

Regards

Kumar M

9 REPLIES 9

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to do a COMMIT WORK after calling the BAPI when you received a success message.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT , after your BAPI call so as to get the changes reflected in the Database.

Simply call this BAPI......No need tp pass any parameters....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

After posting data through BAPI we have to call a function module

'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'

Then your data will refelect in the database.

Regards

Kumar M

0 Kudos

hi guys,

thanks for the reply.but i actually i did that in first place but even then its not seen in the database.

i am trying to post a vendor invoice doc_type: KR

please help me out...

0 Kudos

>

> hi guys,

> thanks for the reply.but i actually i did that in first place but even then its not seen in the database.

>

> i am trying to post a vendor invoice doc_type: KR

>

> please help me out...

The document should be there, then, if the BAPI says that it has created it and you have committed the changes. What criteria are you using to search for it - the document reference sent back by the BAPI and the correct company code?

Try running the BAPI again against ST05 SQL trace and look for insert statements to check what it is doing.

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I was making a bapi to post vendor invoice(travel expences) as we do like F-43 .(my doc_type is 'TR' ).In transaction f-43, on the screen for entering details of vendor, there are two mandatory field like "Business Place" and "Business section" for which values for my client is always only 'IN01' .

everything else got allright with standard bapis like

'bapi_acc_document_post' and

'bapi_acc_invoice_recipt_post'

except that i could't find no import/tables parameter like business place( BSEG-BUPLA ) and business section( BSEG-SECCO ).In return message, i am getting the same error message (I:ZTDS:001) as i get in t-code f-43 when i dont enter these values.

any comments will be highly helpful,

thanks and regards

Arjun

0 Kudos

hello guys,

I found those 'business place' and 'section code' fields in ACCOUNTPAYABLE table which i missed earlier,

and my bapi is done with all your help.

thanks and regards to all

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Use

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'
      EXPORTING  wait = 'X'.

after call BAPI.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Use

1. BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

or

2. Just COMMIT WORK.

SAP though recommends using BAPI_Transaction_Commit and not using Commit_work in the BAPI

If you are using BAPI's in non-SAP systems then BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is mandatory.

Since BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is also an RFC , it will work fine in non-SAP systems.

If you are using BAPI's in SAP R/3 systems then BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is not mandatory.If you use COMMIT WORK it will also updates database tables