Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Sub nodes to the area menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

We have a customized area menu for our client. Already there are some nodes. Each node is attached to some TCodes.My requirement is, i need to create a subnode to one of the existing nodes and have to attach some TCodes. I am unable to create a subnode to the existing node.I have selected a node and then i followed the path 'GOTO-INSERT MENU ENTRY-INSERT AS SUBNODE'. But it allowing me to create a Tcode instead of a subnode..Pls suggestme how to do that...

Thanks in advance,

Shyam.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First you should make sure where(in which folder(Folder name)) your all SAP customize t-code are generally assign.once you got this information than goto>se43>press F4>run widely open by removing max 500 entries>from pop up most probably it should be in some Z* area menu>search in explanatory text(For folder)>once you found correct folder description than just click it>not goto in display mode>from here you can find from Tree by opening them accordingly.

0 Kudos

Hi santosh,

I have already done the same as told by you. Also i know the exact customized area menu, and its folder where i need to add sub node. I have selected the node and i am tryin gto insert. it allowing me to add a transaction, but not a new sub folder to it...

Thanks,

Shyam.

0 Kudos

okay.

if i understood your requirement correctly now.

are you trying to create nested folders under your custom report folder? if is it so than:

just goto>se43>give your area menu>change mode>put cursor on custom reports discription>Shift+F7(Add entry as a sub node)>save come out.

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your answer. You got my requirement, But if i do the same told by you, its allowing me to create a transaction not a subfolder. I selected a custom folder, and pressed (shift+F7). a pop window came asking transaction/menu. I gave my folder name there. But its not allowing.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Just give your folder name and >Insert row.no need to give transaction code overthere(in pop window).it will add as folder not as transaction.

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks a lot.Problem Solved.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a help from this.

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

In the thread you gave me forreference, i couldnt able to find the solution. Because all were saying to insert in favourate. But i need to create a subfolder to an existing folder in a customized area menu..pls explain..

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Because all were saying to insert in favourate. But i need to create a subfolder to an existing folder in a customized area menu..pls explain..

yes i did the same as exactly what you want.

i got the similer replies too about adding as favorites but i also want to do same as adding the transaction under forled not as favorites..and i done succefully.

just check my above reply.

revert back if still any issues.