Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where SAP store the uploaded files?

former_member300754
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In case I upload a file to SAP system, could you tell me where the SAP collects this file on?

Does it depend on a type of file, or function, or anything?

Thanks in advance,

Peerasit

PS. I'm trying to upload a file to Student File thru WebDynpro, on the other hand, if you have any idea please feel free to give me the advise. : )

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You have a large set of answers that have been provided - many with different locations. I think the key here is that when you use the fileUpload UI element, WD doesn't automatically store the file anywhere. It only places the contents of the file into the memory (as an XSTRING attribute in the context). It is then the responsibility of the application developer to decide where to actually store the document long term. If the application doesn't do anything with the uploaded data, it will discarded with garbage collection in the application state is released.

If this is a custom application you are writting you have many options - several of which have been discussed here - as to where to store the document. You could write it into the application server filesystem using the DATASET commands. You could store it directly into a RAWSTRING field in a database table using normal SQL statements. These are the low level options. You can then take advantage of different application level functionalities to store the file - DMS, SAP Office, Content/Cache Server, GOS, etc.

TusharShinde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to store File Uploaded through Web Dynpro Java Application into DMS Server, Can you please help me for the same, as soon as possible. When the file is uploaded there are two properties that are generally mapped,

1. Resource

2. Data Source.

Can you please guide me from both the end i.e Java as well as ABAP end, or else is there any API available for Java to directly interact with DMS.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

First, you should not post new questions to existing threads. Your question is only loosely related the original thread.

Second, your question is for Web Dynpro Java. This is the Web Dynpro ABAP forum. For questions related to Web Dynpro Java, you should post those into the separate Web Dynpro Java forum.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check this thread:

former_member300754
Participant
0 Kudos

So in case I upload file thru UI element on WDA, how I fetch that file from other program.

As my opinion, a file will be uploaded and placed into a directory and if i want to use that file, then i have to refer the file as an address. is it wrong?

Regards,

Peerasit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you want to retrueve from server or some where else then use Filedownload UI element to retrieve the file information.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/09/a5884121a41c09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to OSS note 904711, which clearly say where the documents physically stores.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the document or attachment that are uploaded or comes to SAP office is stored in a table called as SOFFCONT1 through the KPro (Knowledge Provider). We can create a Content category and content repository to store in different custom table but SOFFCONT1 table is the SAP standard table. Some of the usefull table which will help you in finding your attachment in SOFFCONT1 table are SOC3, SOOD, SOFFPHIO, SOFFLOIO.

Before SAP 4.6B version all the sap office documents was stored in SOC3 table and later SAP concept of storing these document into external storage system or content server if it is connected came into place. If it is not connected then all the documents will be stored in the SOFFCONT1 table through KPro.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peerasit,

You can store the file where ever you want. In the webdynpro Java You can use output streams.

Make a folder on the server and it is must that folder should be in the shared mode having all the permissions.

Regards,

Rohit

former_member196517
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I dont know if i understood you correctly , yes these files are stored in SAP system . there is something called as GOS .. Generic object services ( mainly for archiving) and also DMS.. document management system which are the two mane SAP technologies to manage the files on SAP server . You can use API's to upload and download.

Regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can store this in SAP directory transaction AL11.

regards,

Subhasis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You vcan use FileUpload UI Element to upload student file.The uploaded data will store in Context and it will remain in the context till the life time of context.

chek this forum thread for more clarification.

Also check this blog on FileUpload.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peerasit,

You can use the FileUpload UI Element of WD ABAP.

It will let u browse through the system ( on which the application is executed).

After Upload the data is in the context of the component.

You can use the FileDownload UI element or any other way to store it anywhere you want.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Sumit Oberoi