Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Where SAP store the uploaded files?

Hi all,

In case I upload a file to SAP system, could you tell me where the SAP collects this file on?

Does it depend on a type of file, or function, or anything?

Thanks in advance,

Peerasit

PS. I'm trying to upload a file to Student File thru WebDynpro, on the other hand, if you have any idea please feel free to give me the advise. : )

replied

You have a large set of answers that have been provided - many with different locations. I think the key here is that when you use the fileUpload UI element, WD doesn't automatically store the file anywhere. It only places the contents of the file into the memory (as an XSTRING attribute in the context). It is then the responsibility of the application developer to decide where to actually store the document long term. If the application doesn't do anything with the uploaded data, it will discarded with garbage collection in the application state is released.

If this is a custom application you are writting you have many options - several of which have been discussed here - as to where to store the document. You could write it into the application server filesystem using the DATASET commands. You could store it directly into a RAWSTRING field in a database table using normal SQL statements. These are the low level options. You can then take advantage of different application level functionalities to store the file - DMS, SAP Office, Content/Cache Server, GOS, etc.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question