cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue in PS & SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to PS, but have sufficient knowledge in FICO,MM, SD.

Can any one help me on configuring milestone billing.

I was able to achieve part of it, by referring online doc.

The requirement is, cost should not be captured in WBS but only revenue alone.

The billing is done based on number of days worked by an employee on a particular activity. I am able to capture number of days in activity thought CAT2, but donu2019t know, how to bill it to the customer

My question is where do we define the rate per day, calculation of amount and how do we transfer it to SD and proceed further.

Can some one help me.

Thanks in advance.

Chandru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Milestone Billing configuration follow the below steps

1.Milestone Usage

PS->Strcuture-Milestones->Define milestone usage

2.Billing Plan Type

TcodeOVBO

3. Define Date Descriptions

SD->Billing->Billing Plan-Define Date Descriptions

4. Define And Assign Date Categories

Tcode:OVBJ

5. Maintain Date Proposals For Billing Plan Types

Tcode:OVBM

6. Assign Billing Plan Types To Sales Document Types

Tcode:OVBP

7. Assign Billing Plan Types To Item Categories

Tcode:OVBR

Take help of ur SD consultanat.

Venkat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you wish to use milestone billing, in your scenario maintain the milestones for the activities. Create the sales order (for services in your case) and mention the account assignment of the WBS in it. Tick the "sales document" check box in the milestone ... this will restore the link between your sales order and the milestones.

You can copy this milestones dates in the sales order billing plan. As you confirm the perticular activity thr' CAT2 it will remove the biling block and you can bill to the customer.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4c/22746946e611d189470000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru,

As per ur question u dont want the cost to be captured at WBS level, but in PS the activities will be attached to the WBS only. However u can track the revenue for a particular WBS thru different reports in PS like S_ALR_87013542 and CJI3 or CNMM, and there are lot of reports from where u can track the revenue part.

Rates of the activities are defined in FICO thru T-code: KP26, there you can plan the rates for different activities in activity types.U can use T-code CN25 to calculate working hours X rates. what you are doing thru CAT2 , can be done thru conformations of activities also .For this, u need to have a activity type along with its rate defined in KP26 and a personnel number to fill in to the activity in T-Code: CN25.

and you can bill it thru T-code: FB50. And after that u can see the actuals in PS reports as mentioned above.

Thanks ,

Dhruv Kumar Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dhruv,

Need some more input as i'm beginner.

After all below, how do we create the billing doc.

How do we integrate this with mile stone.

Bit confused .

Regards,

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

check out this link...

http://www.sap-img.com/sd006.htm

should clear ur doubts.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhruv,

Have done as you have said and also i have confirmed the activities also. But was not able to find amounts.

when i excuted report S_ALR_87013542 , there where some amount displayed as plan.

Can you pls help me to proceed furthur, i do i convert this to an invoice.

I'm blank now.

Thanks in advance.

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru ,

You need to have a proper plan cost thru CJ40 for that WBS element in which the activity has been attached. After conforming the activity you can see the comparison of actual and planned cost in report CJI3.

Thanks,

Dhruv Kumar Malhotra