Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

How to find in which TAB filed exists just by knowing the table & field name

Say: VBAP-LGORT is storage location,how to find which TAB IT IS IN

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please be clear ? what do you mean by tab ?

If you are talkin about table. Then VBAP is table, SAP follows a convention of <tablename>-<fielname>

Thanks & Regards,

Navneeth K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

http://www.sapgenie.com/abap/tables_fi.htm

SAP BW and Business Content Datasources: in pursuit of the origins

and one way of knowing data base tables behind the extract structure is by debugging it from RSA3.Execute extract structure in Debug mode....If dataSource is business contect one.then u can get details from SAP HELP for most of the dataSources

Regards

Prashant

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

Ya, there is no simple search is availble for this as of now.

1. By checking the technical settings of every field you have to trace it.

or..,

2. With some careful effort with those screen layout search it can be possible to trace in with tab it is present.

Thanks,

Naveen.I

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to the strorage location tab and press the f1 -> technical attributes-> u can fin that screen table name and field name.

regards

swamy

0 Kudos

Hi Swamy:

He already knows:

Table name and Field Name, Now he wants to find the Area where this screen element is.

Hi...

As I earlier said:

1. goto that screen 2. menu->system->status->SAPdata->screen number->double click on screen number 3. There will be PAI and PBO event 4. Check in at PAI event 5. There will be a Chain --end Chain operators to validate all screen fields 6. There You can deffenately found your field and table name if ur field in that tab 7. Now come back to screen and search for that field.

Thanks,

Naveen.I

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I think he is not abaper. that's why i am explai in simole way.

if he is an SD PEOPLE how do u know PBO and PAI and screens althose things.

Regrds

swamy.

0 Kudos

Hi naveen,

You are rite i know the table & field i want to kno in which TAB PAGE I CAN FIND THIS FIELD.

i will greatly appreciate if u can explain me still in details how to find the TAB PAGE.

awaiting ur reply.

0 Kudos

Hi...

As I earlier said there is no direct search availble for this yaar. But we can simplify our search with some techniques. Say..,

We have to find VBKD-PLTYP in the VA43 transaction i.e Price list type.

Here 3 screen in this transaction:

1. Initial screen.

2. Header information screen with more than 12 TABs

3. Item information screen with more than 12 TABs

So we have to search for PLTYP in 25 Screens!

It has no alternative with out having any function knowledge on that transaction.

And here again every screen contains more than 20 fields with their own descriptions.

So exactly here we can follow above steps, where no need to go for...

every screen element and click f1 click technical settings find table and field name

1. menu->system->status->SAPdata->screen number->double click on screen number

2. There will be PAI and PBO event

3. Check in at PAI event

4. There will be a Chain--end Chain operators to validate all screen fields

5. There You can deffenately found your field and table name if ur field in that tab

6. Now come back to screen and search for that field with above method.

Or,

3. Click LAYOUT push button.

4. in the layout check the Name of the field with one click.

Finally I would like suggest you one thing get an Idea on the Transaction code which you are working with. That is the 100% correct solution for your problem. Sit with your functional consultant once.

Let me know what is transaction code, you are working with.?

Thanks,

Naveen.I