Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have 200 users accessing the system where

150 are individual user id's and

50 generic user id's ( for various department's).

For the 150 users i want a mechanism of resetting the password by themselves every 30 days.

Is it possible to have a mechanism to do it only for those 150 users.

I do not need for all the users.

Please tell me if its is possible.

Regards,

Siddhartha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

For resetting password by themeselves after 30 days u have to set login/password_expiration_time to 30 in RSPARAM but this will get apply to all users. If you want to do for only 150 users u have to develop new ABAP program in this case.

I don't think so is there any way to do for only 150 users.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

For resetting password by themeselves after 30 days u have to set login/password_expiration_time to 30 in RSPARAM but this will get apply to all users. If you want to do for only 150 users u have to develop new ABAP program in this case.

I don't think so is there any way to do for only 150 users.

0 Kudos

There is a way<

but remember having generic userid's is normally in violation with your SAP contract so be sure to check that!!

teh users you want to be able to change their pasword ste them as normal dialogusers and set the aforementioned parameter, the users not to change their pasword set them as service users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.