Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Keycode Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am developing an application in which the user can Create New or Edit Reports

The tools I am using is VB6, Crystal Reports XI Release 2 and also using Embedable Crsytal Report Designer Control

Now the Application is created. and I have devloped Merge Modules for its distrubution on client side.( Merge module includes modules for License, Designtime, runtime and reportengine support)

Now the Problem is when Exe run on Client Side (Or system other than Development) I receive Message "Invalid Report Creation Key Code". I have check the key code, It works fine on development system but on client side it prompts error.

Can anyone Help me out to solve the problem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Before CR XI R2 with Service Pack 2 you had to have a special Report Creation API license to distribute the Embeddable Designer Control and use other Report Creation APIs.

If you have downloaded the latest merge modules - SP3 and SP4 are available on the [Business Objects Software Download Page|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm] - then you should be able to distribute your Emeddable Designer VB6 application using your CR XI R2 keycode.

There is one exception to this. Original CR XI (v11.0) keycodes will not work. CR XI (v11.0) keycodes do not "unlock" RCAPI functionality in CR XI R2 (v11.5). If you upgraded from CR XI (v11.0) to CR XI R2 (v11.5) you likely have an original CR XI (v11.0) keycode. You will need to get a new CR XI R2 keycode from Business Objects. You can contact the Customer Care team by email - customercareamericas @ businessobjects.com (rebuild the email address) - or by phone - 800-877-2340, option 5. If they need additional information you can ask them to contact me. I'm on the Developer Support team and they should be able to contact me internally.

If you have an original CR XI R2 (v11.5) keycode please make sure to update to at least Service Pack 2 and download updated merge modules.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dan!

Thanks for your comprehensive Responce.

well, I am not upgrading application, actually developing a new one using Crystal Reports XI Relase 2 Developer Edition.

I have not installed any Service pack. So your recommendations are I should download Service Pack 2(or latest available) and Download Latest Merge Modules?

Also for Distribution of Application, do i require a separate Developer Edition Licence for the client or the one i am using shall be enough to distribute

Again Thank you for your responce

Abdul Rehman

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not installed any Service pack. So your recommendations are I should download Service Pack 2(or latest available) and Download Latest Merge Modules?

- the latest SP is here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006255422008E/crxir2_sp4_inc.exe

- the more critical thing in your case will be the latest msm, which is here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100009381702008E/crxir2sp4_rdc_mm.zip

BTW., there was an issue with earlier msm where id you used the XI r1 keycode in an XI r2 msm, you got keycode issues. The above msm fixes that.

Now, setting the license in code should work. The license msm is configurable, but you have to use a deployment utility that works with configurable msm files - not all do. Another way is to open the msm in Orca (http://astebner.sts.winisp.net/Tools/Orca.zip); in the Tables column, click on "property". Fill in the keycode on the right hand pane at "PIDKEY".

Also for Distribution of Application, do i require a separate Developer Edition Licence for the client or the one i am using shall be enough to distribute

- no you do not. The keycode is good - as long as you are not using report creation APIs. There are licensing implications there...

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dan!

Installing latest Service pack and merge modules are causing some strange problems and my application has started to perform abnormal

1. It is not allowing to Save Any File from Designer ToolBar 'Save' Button

2. Installtion packege (with Visual Studio Installer 1.1) is not allowing to add License Mege module

Can you please guide what went wrong

Anyways, Thank you for your previous help it really helped me out

Abdul Rehman

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Dan! Your Responce has really helped me!!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You say that you have included the correct merge modules:

(Merge module includes modules for License, Designtime, runtime and reportengine support)

Ensure that you have included the correct version merge modules. E.g.; for CR XI r2, the "license" msm should be;

CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm

Also, you must enter the keycode into the msm. Have you done that?

For more info see the RDCDeployment.chm in this directory:

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Crystal Reports 11\Developer Files\Help\En\

BTW., using RCAPIs there are licensing considerations. Have you considered those?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ludek!

Thank for you responce

Actually, I have included the correct versions of msm but i did not include Keycode in *_license.msm as it exposed no property where i can enter the keycode. Instead. I have included Keycode Programatically(As mentioned in Business Object Document). It works fine on development machine, but on client side, it prompts error for invalid code.

Regards,

Abdul Rehman