cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during create matAccount 406100 requires an assignment to a CO object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Error during create material transfer posting (mb1b-mov-301)unit-1(idu1)sloc:i017 to id1e sloc:i018.

Error is

"Account 406100 requires an assignment to a CO object"

Please not above GL is related to consumtion account. I can set defalt cost center in OKB9 but My question is if I am transfering a material from 1 plnt to another why consumtion account is hitting?

Actual entry is Inventory a/c Dr to Inventory a/c cr only business area is different

Please help

Regards

Praful

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think you have created GL as cost element.

Now you have to assign it in OKB9 - Display View "Account assignment" : Overview

In OKB9 specify weather this cost element give impact to cost center or profitability segment.

You have a cost account defined in accounts determination (OBYC). But every cost account must have a cost object associated (internal order, cost center, and so on).

You must decide what is the cost object to 'receive' the cost value on the account.

Go to OKB9, insert the account (can be plant dependant) and the cost object, then repeat GR.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks to reply

But, my question is if I am transfering a material from 1 plnt to another why consumtion account is hitting?

If I set cost element in OKB9

Entry is

Consumtion A/c Dr

Consumtion A/c Cr

Actuly it should be

Inventory account Dr

Inventory account Cr

When I checked in OBYC - GBB - VBR = 406200 (Consumtion a/c)

Please help on this whether this GL account assigned is currect or .....

Regards

Praful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please help me out...

Regards

Praful

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You need to maintain a Cost Element for the G/L Account .

So, go to KA01, and create a Cost Element .

You have a cost account defined in accounts determination (OBYC). But every cost account must have a cost object .

Please refer this link also,

[Link|]

Regards,

R.Brahmankar