cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assets Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are uploading our legacy assets on 30/09/2008 and our financial year is april to march. Now the question is.

1. How we will treat our assets which we have sold betwneen 01st of april to 30st of sep period.

2. How we will upload the accumulated dep of these assets and upto which date.

3. How we will upload the ord dep for the current year.

4. what financial entry will be passed in the system?

please advice me how we should upload these assets. and by which t.code and by which T.code we should sales these

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The answers on your questions are dependend from you requerement.

For the part of customizing see in SPRO:

Asset Accounting / Asset Data Transfer /

Have a look to all the customizing transactiopn there: (and look to the help there)

Most important ones:

Specify Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Year (TAKE OVER DATE)

Specify Last Period Posted in Prv.System (Transf.During FY)

The base transaction is AS91. When you are in the screen with the upload value you can click on the button transaction. This screen you need when you have capatilazed asset this year and when assets are sold this year.

When the take over date is in a fiscal year in the screen with the values you have an extra open field with thewdepreciation this year.

When using the transaction AS91 it is doing an upload in asset management and don't create any postings in FI!! This you do for the asset reconsilation accounts with the transaction OASV.

The posted depreciation costs you have to post seperat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain me up to which date i should take ord dep value and in trancsaction field

what should be the Asset value date, transaction and book value.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please explain me up to which date i should take ord dep value

The same date as you fill in the table for the asset take over. When it is 31.09.2008 then the depreciation up to September.

For the asset vallue date click on the help. In AS91 it is not to important the depreciation date is based on the depreciation start date (this is only not the case when you have say in the depreciation key that the depreciation is based on days, see the help there)

When it depreciation for capitalized asset this year you can take the decission not to upload the depreciation, SAP will then post the total depreciation from this year in the first depreciation run.

Offen even in the middle of the year you can say that you take only over the not deactivated assets in your system. (then you don't have to do upload the retired assest this year).

Play with these date's in your developments system.

When I do a conversion I do first a complete test from the file and run a report up to the end of the year with the calculated depreciation, these values should be the same as in the old system or manual calculated in EXCEL. Do a test depreciation run for your first Month and then an test for the first and second month.

When for month 1 it is 1000 then 1 and 2 should be arround 200

Search on this forum to AS91 and you will found all information you need

Answers (0)