cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatcher Not Starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I am having one serious problem regarding Sap Dispatcher.

I have installed IDES 5.0 on my laptop. now when i am going to start the server Sap dispatcher turned on with green light for 30 secs and immediatly it goes turned off an all ther lights changed from green to yellow.

all the process are changed from run status to Ended.

why this is happening please give me the solution to correct this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Vinod.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem when I was not connected to the internet. When I was connected I did not have this problem. I resolved it by creating a "loopback adapter" - here's how Microsoft says to do it in XP:

Manual installation

To manually install the Microsoft Loopback adapter in Windows XP, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. If you are in Classic view, click Switch to Category View under Control Panel in the left pane.

3. Double-click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Next.

4. Under See Also in the left pane, click Add Hardware,and then click Next.

5. Click Yes, I have already connected the hardware, and then click Next.

6. At the bottom of the list, click Add a new hardware device, and then click Next.

7. Click Install the hardware that I manually select from a list, and then click Next.

8. Click Network adapters, and then click Next.

9. In the Manufacturer box, click Microsoft.

10. In the Network Adapter box, click Microsoft Loopback Adapter, and then click Next.

11. Click Finish.

What works for me, after doing the above, is to set the IP address to 10.10.0.10 and a mask of 255.255.255.0.

Now you have a loopback adapter. Disable it, if you are connected to the internet or not using minisap. When you need to start minisap and are offline, first enable the loopback adapter. It kind of simulates being online and should stop your messaging service from dying. Even if it changes from green to yellow, you'll see that it is still running but in an "idle" mode and will go back to green when you start doing something in the SAP system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you looked for clues in the dev_disp and dev_w0 trace files? I would look at those (post if you can) to see what the actual issue is. There are many reasons for a dispatcher to die one of the most common is the work processes cannot connect to the db (which would show up in the dev_w0 trace).

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

younghwan_kim
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This might solve your problem.

Add environment varible of 'DBMS_TYPE', and the value should be the db system abbreviation of your SAP system.

For example, use 'ADA' as SAP DB, or 'ORA' as Oracle.