cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basics settings for CCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

We have CCM system as add-on in SRM (version 2.0_700).

Could you tell me, that necessary basics settings should I do for CCM in this case?

Everywhere I can see only settings for SRM and CCM on separate client with IX.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

Basic settings required for all in one deployment of SAP CCM will include configuration of the customizing settings available under cross application components in SPRO.

These include definition of the TREX engine which will be used in indexing and optimizing, definition of additional catlaog specific parameters like renaming the master catalog (ONLY do this if in initial startup, if the CCM system is already installed and catalogs exist, do not perform this change!!), definition of parallel processes to be used in mapping and/or publication (search notes for parallel publishing under component AP-CAT*), access to CCM specific Badi's, definition of XI transformation system for contract or product master data transfer (additional customizing of the SAP XI is needed to achieve the communication and data transfer, see the SAP CCM cookbook for more information), definition of catalog approval status where an incorrect status has been chosen at catalog creation for a procurement catalog (i.e. you can change from approved to to be approved and vice versa), definition of catalog upload settings, i.e. max package size etc., access to PFCG for assignment of views creaetd in SAP CCM to roles for catalog restriction.

The 'advantage' of using SAP CCM as an integrated component in SAP SRM is that if you are not planning on using the contract or product master exchanges, and using CSV 2.0 flels for catalog schema/content upload, then no configuration of XI is necessary as it is not required in this case.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Tank you for help, I could ran CCM.

But now I have another questionu2026

For what I should use CSV 2.0 and what is it?

I work without XI, how can I get the template file for uploading catalogs?

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

CSV is comma seperated value text type files. I will attach an example file which could be modified and used in your system. This file contains both Model (Schema) and Content (data) information.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Thank you very much for help, but your file is empty. Could you attach another one.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

The file is not empty, it is available as an attachment to my last post, perhaps your authorizations are not sufficient to view it or something similar.

In any case, I will attach it again so hopefully you get it this time. If not, please provide your email address and I will mail it to you.

The file will look for Excel to open it, please ensure you are opening it on a machine with MS Excel installed.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Everything OK, I could open it! Thank you very much for help!

Could you tell me now u2013 how can I transfer vendors catalog in CSV format automatically?

And one more question, I created my one catalog, uploaded it and published.

But I canu2019t see my catalog neither in Bid process no in shop process.

Why it could be?

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

There is no mechanism to automatically upload files to CCM catalog, such a requirement would have to be handled as a custom solution by creating an interface which can make use of the /CCM/FILE_UPLOAD program.

For shopping from a catalog, the catalog needs to be assigned to a call structure in SRM 'Define external web services' customizing and this catalog id then needs to be added to the attributes of a user in PPOMA_BBP, once this is complete, the catalog will be available in the relevent procurement transactions.

Please see the attached OCI 4.0 documentation for additional details on call structure customizing for clarification, please also note that for CCM there is no requirement to add the OK-Code/Target or caller parameters to the call structure as the application directly handles these itself.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

I defended a Bugseye 4.0 in SPRO - Define External Web Services (Catalogs, Vendor Lists etc.), and I added the attribute CAT to my user in PPOMA_BBP, nevertheless I canu2019t see my catalogs in bid process. In OCI doc I couldnu2019t find any information about it. Maybe something else?

Iu2019m sorry for so many questions.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

Is the catalog visable in any transaction (i.e. bbpsc02 shopping) or not visable in any transaction?

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

For example, in Process Bid Invitation, when I run function Find in Catalog (Web service ID - Bugseye 4.0) I get explorer error u201CThe page cannot be displayedu201D.

I have no idea about the reason

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

If the catalog id is selectable in the Bid transaction, but on entering it you receive an error then there are only 2 real possibilities.

1. The call structure for the catalog is incomplete/incorrect and the application cannot reach the webservice by the parameters you have defined.

2. There is an issue with the catalog directly and it is not available for searching, i.e. in the case of the Requisite catalog there is possibly no index built or similar.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I defined URL for Bugseye 4.0 (in SPRO - Define External Web Services (Catalogs, Vendor Lists etc.)) took it from SE80 - /CCM/CAT u2013 CAT_HOME u2013 HELP_URL/

Now if I run u201CFind in Catalogu201D in bid invitation from Bugseye 4.0, the system opens all user menu, include catalogs in new Explorer Window. And I canu2019t add catalog positions to bid.

What is why I guess I made a big mistake

Please, tell me, where shell I set up URL for Bugseye 4.0 and where from?

Thank you for help!

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

Firstly - we need to identify something as your comment is quite confusing:

You mention:-

I defined URL for Bugseye 4.0 (in SPRO - Define External Web Services (Catalogs, Vendor Lists etc.)) took it from SE80 - /CCM/CAT u2013 CAT_HOME u2013 HELP_URL/

Please clarify which catalog application you are in fact using, BugsEye 4.0 is the search engine of the Requisite Application. This is not an SAP product, is in no way coded in ABAP and due to political reasons cannot be supported by, or commented on, in any way by SAP personnel.

The /CCM/CAT area you refer to relates to SAP CCM (1.0/2.0) and is an ABAP OO catalog application designed specifically for SRM 4.0 and 5.0, it's use and maintenance are far different than that of the Requisite Catalog offering.

If you are using a CCM catalog, and would like to identify the URL for accessing the CCM CSE (Catalog Search Engine) powered by the TREX index server then you can find the required URL by accessing BSP Application /CCM/SRM_CSE via SE80, drill into pages with flow logic -> double click tmp_entry.htm and go to the properties tab, there you will find the URL to access the CSE directly, it should be something like:

http://<yourwebserver>:<port>/sap/bc/bsp/ccm/srm_cse/tmp_entry.htm

Please replace the tmp_entry.htm with main.do and this will act then as the URL to access your CCM CSE via SRM_SERVER Call strcture.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason

We use SRM 5.0 and CCM 2.0. I tried to identify the URL for accessing the CCM CSE (Catalog Search Engine).

I identified your URL http://<yourwebserver>:<port>/sap/bc/bsp/ccm/srm_cse/ main.do with my date for WEB ID CATALOG in u201CDefine External Web Services (Catalogs, Vendor Lists etc.)u201D, but it wasnu2019t help.

When I run this URL Iu2019ve got a system error "Time of your session has expired; call SAP Catalog Search Engine in SRM agane"

1. Could it be because of the problem with TREX?

2. Where exactly I should identify the URL for accessing the CCM CSE? In u201CDefine External Web Services (Catalogs, Vendor Lists etc.u201D For web ID CATALOG or BUGSEYE 4.0 or somewhere else?

Edited by: Marina Kon on Oct 23, 2008 2:46 PM

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

I assume first, in your call structure there is no gap between the / and main.do like in your reply?!?!

It should be /main.do, not / main.do

Secondly - it sounds to me like the catalog is not published, you can check this by checking table /CCM/D_CTLG_REQ for your particular catalog id in status SE, ifit is not there in status SE and active (x in the active field) then the catalog is not successfully published.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Yes, in system everything OK, there is no gap.

And you are right, my main Master Catalog (Procurement Catalog) was not published, in spite of I tried to publish it. Itu2019s strange, because my user has all CCM roles - /CCM/CATALOG_APPROVER; /CCM/CATALOG_MANAGER; /CCM/CATALOG_SEARCH.

When I try to publish master catalog, Iu2019ve got some system errors:

1. Error in search index update; discarding existing changes

2. Index for catalog /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG and locale EN- does not exist

3. Error when deleting TREX metadata for catalog /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG, locale EN-

4. Error in search index update; discarding existing changes Catalog update was terminated

5. Exception /CCM/CX_PUBLICATION_FAILED occurred (program: /CCM/CL_PE_REQUEST_SERVICE====CP, include: /CCM/CL_PE_REQUEST_SERVICE====CM00F, line: 164).

6. Function module /SDF/AL_MAP_TRANSID_LOGH does not exist

7. Error when deleting TREX metadata for catalog /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG, locale EN

8. Error when creating the index for catalog /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG and locale EN-

9. Error in search index update; discarding existing changes

10. Catalog update was terminated

And our basis seas, that TREX was not install yet.

Do you have any ideas about reason of this problem?

Edited by: Marina Kon on Oct 24, 2008 11:04 AM

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

Yes - this is a big problem! The TREX engine is used for indexing of catalog metadata so if you have no TREX, then you can have no publishing!

I suggest that you review in full the CCM Cookbook and configuration guide and consult the SAP Help for these issues as they are all part of the standard setup procedures for CCM customizing and installation.

I have made these pdf's available for you [here|https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=Y93XPYFLJVGH43TLN1UEXPPBW1BLKEGO4Q7WDLJYJGSSO34DEB ]

Note: The container is password protected, please provide me with your email address so I can email you the password.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I sent you a massage by email

please, send me a PSW

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

The password was sent to your email address.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jason!

Iu2019ll true it again as soon as TREX will be installing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason / Marina,

Is TREX is essential for implementing CCM 2.0 (With SRM 5.0). If it is essential, how to proceed for this. Is it needs to be configured in separate client. Request your guidence in proceeding with this

Thank you,

Regards,

Ramakrishna

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna.

Yes, TREX is a mandatory requirement for CCM 2.0, it is used for indexing and optimizing the published metadata, without it, there cannot be any publication and as such no SE (Search Engine) version of the catalog.

Configuration of the TREX is quite straightforward, i.e. you just need to install the TREX on the server you wish it to be, then in CCM Customizing, set the customizing for TREX engine to be used in publication ... if this TREX RFC destination is directed to a client other than the client CCM is installed in, this is regarded to be a 'Distributed' publication rather than local. So the indexed data is available in the TREX client, not in the CCM client, see SAP Help for more details on this if required.

Regards,

Jason

Answers (0)