Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound IDoc Processing - Custom Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actully we get the Data for Customer Master in the form of IDocs from MDM system via PI. This Customer Master is having Some more Custom Fileds other than Standard. Can any one suggest me the Best method to Handle all the Fileds Together.

For the Above requirement i got the following Feed Back.

if you are using the DEBMAS(message type), DEBMAS06 (idoc type) . then you can create the extenstion for DEBMAS06. and send the custom fields using the extension. and inbound processing function IDOC_INPUT_DEBITOR is not suitable for your requirement. you may have to go with the custom processing function(custom process code) there you can try with bdc or bapi call.

you need more customizing, attaching the idoctype, messagetype(WE82) ,function module, and BD51, we57, WE42, WE20.

Actually I am not intrested to write Custom Function Module, For this do we have any BADI or User Exit to implement. Please give me some pointers.

Thanks,

Sekhar.J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use BADI "CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA_BI".

It seems the FM is using BDC method to upload the Customer Master data. In this case u need to fill the BDCTAB accordingly.

Give points if usefull.

Regards,

Anurita

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sehkar,

a short scan throuh FM IDOC_INPUT_DEBITOR would have lead you to CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA_BI. Check out its use and documentation...

kind regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use BADI "CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA_BI".

It seems the FM is using BDC method to upload the Customer Master data. In this case u need to fill the BDCTAB accordingly.

Give points if usefull.

Regards,

Anurita