Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound IDoc Processing - Custom Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actully we get the Data for Customer Master in the form of IDocs from MDM system via PI. This Customer Master is having Some more Custom Fileds other than Standard. Can any one suggest me the Best method to Handle all the Fileds Together.

Thanks,

Sekhar.J

6 REPLIES 6

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using the DEBMAS(message type), DEBMAS06 (idoc type) . then you can create the extenstion for DEBMAS06. and send the custom fields using the extension. and inbound processing function IDOC_INPUT_DEBITOR is not suitable for your requirement. you may have to go with the custom processing function(custom process code) there you can try with bdc or bapi call.

you need more customizing, attaching the idoctype, messagetype(WE82) ,function module, and BD51, we57, WE42, WE20.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually I am not intrested to write Custom Function Module, For this do we have any BADI or User Exit to implement. Please give me some pointers.

Thanks,

Sekhar.J

0 Kudos

i searched before answering, there is no exit in the function IDOC_INPUT_DEBITOR , for that reason i mentioned for the custom function.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Please have a look on the following FM. I hope here we can handle extended segments.

EXIT_SAPLVV02_001

Please provide me some pointers. I hope if we handle the extra segement in this FM we won't have any problem in the Upgrading.

Thanks,

Sekhar.J

0 Kudos

ok, yes that is used for extension segments. the exit is there inside the Function IDOC_INPUT_DEBITOR inside that there is another function call ERP_IDOC_INPUT_DEBITOR

in this exit you have to code for updation of additional fields.

0 Kudos

hi,

you can use BADI: CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA_BI instead of using the EXIT.