cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

park and hold documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Good Morning to all

I am a SAP FICO trainee,i have a doubt about park and hold documents.

We go for document parking or holding when we do not have the proper information for document posting.

The major difference between parking and holding document is -- hold a document used to give external document no by our choice where as the park document takes the original document no.

Can any one explain what is the major differences between these two?

The answer is very useful to me,Points will be given

Thanks and Regards

B.Vijaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, u r currect...

Holding Documents:

When you are entering data, you may be interrupted, or you may not have all the data you need for entering a document, for example bank charges or the appropriate cost center.

In this case, you can temporarily save the data you have entered, and then continue with the document entry at a later time. If you want the system to hold a document, it does not have to be complete. Account balances are not updated and the document data is not available for evaluation. A document number is not assigned.

Parking:

You can use document parking to enter and store (park) incomplete documents in the SAP System without carrying out extensive entry checks.

Parked documents can be completed, checked, and then posted at a later date - if necessary by a different accounting clerk.

Data from parked documents can however be used for evaluations by the system. For example, amounts from parked invoices can be used for the advance return for tax on sales and purchases. Using payment requests, parked invoices can be paid punctually and without loss of discount.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all points was given.

In fv50,f-65 parked the docs,then i posted in fbv0.

When check the parked/posted a/c , the a/cs having only one line item as open item.

please tell me how to clear these openitems and i did not found the t.code: fb11 in ECC6.0

Thank and Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii

Hold documents:Incomplete documents when data require to

complete the transaction is not available like cost centre

n bank charges n all.The system does not update any account

balances. Temporary document number will be generated when

we hold the document.

parked Documents:It allows the user to save the incomplete

documents without the extensive input cheks. It can be

completed n posted on later date.It do not update the

tables except cash mgt figures. Except CO CD, CURRENCY all

other values can be changed.

Regards,

Aakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi para,dasu greatful thanks for your prompt response.

You said that we used these docs whenposting docs are incomplete,up to some ext i can understood.

But i need some more clariffication on this,and i want to know the t.codes for park and hold docs

for gl,ap,ar.

Thank and Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijaya,

Parked Doc: Use TC: FBVO for Posting, FBV2 for Change, F-65 for Doc Parking, FV50 for Edit or Park doc.

Hood Doc: Use TC:F-02 for post general doc and call hold doc from applicaton tool bar.

Thanks

Para

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Hold documents are Incomplete documents when data require to complete the transaction is not available like cost center and bank charges and all.The system does not update any account balances. Temporary document number will be generated when we hold the document.

Parked document allows the user to save the incomplete documents without the extensive input checks. It can be completed and posted on later date.It do not update the tables except cash mgt figures. Except CO CD, CURRENCY all other values can be changed.

In technically, Hold doc is for information purpose and Parked cod is for Authorization purpose.

Thanks

Para