cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to send data to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to extract open purchase orders from SAP and send it to a 3rd party system. What are best way of doing it using XI from the below options.

1. Creating a flat file on a unix directory and have XI pick it up from that location. If this is best way, how can XI knows that file is ready for it be picked up.

2. Extract the data in SAP and call a webservice to push it to XI. If this is correct, how can I do this.

3. Any others options that you(reader) have used in the past.

Any inputs on these is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sudheer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

It is better to use Idoc/RFC/Proxy to extract the SAP Purchace Order data into any Unix File System. in this case the scenario will be Idoc/RFC/Proxy->XI->Unix File System Then use File->XI->File Scenrio to dump the file into 3rd Party system. I think this is good one.

If you are able to use ABAP Proxy to get the Purchase Order Data then Performance will be good. Because there is performance overhead of Adapters inovlved in Proxy Communication.

Regards,

Moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just small mistake happend...

// Because there is performance overhead of Adapters inovlved in Proxy Communication//

Because there is <b>no</b> performance overhead of Adapters, involved in Proxy Communications.

And the scenario will be Proxy->XI->3rd Party Systems.

For more infor about Proxy,pls refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/5b/b75f3c019e3a56e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

If I use Proxy to XI and then to File, is there any limitation on the size of the data I cna transfer using Proxy (Will the size of the data has any impact on performance?).

Thanks

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudheer

1 You don't have to create flat file to send Data to third party system from SAP through XI

2 Using IDOC's send Data to XI which is called inbound interface. Create a flat file in third party system and send Data from XI to Third party by defining file adapater.

Thnaks

Sat

Don't forget to reward the answers if they are useful

Homiar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudheer,

We had a similar interface requirement. In our case we decided upon the first option.

The POs are extracted & file is created on the SAP App Server. Then XI Sender File Adapter picks up the file to send to the target/receiving system. The Sender File Adapter can be configured to poll at regular intervals. The polling interval can be set as per the schedule of the extract program. In case the extract is on-demand, then you can set the polling interval to 60 secs or 600 secs. The point is the interface can be triggered by the File Adapter polling mechanism.

Webservice could be another option. Create a FM & publish as a WS.

Thx,

Homiar.