Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC and Inbound IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need your help to guide me for inbound Idoc process,

in my porject client is sending data with standard idoc and PI is middleware converting into file and sending to us then am using BDC and uploading data,

but now client asking why i cant use Idoc only ( standard or custom ) to upload data why BDC ?

here i need your help to understand how much extra effort i need to put if i use idoc and how to use inbound idoc process ? am new to this.

points will be there for sure

Thanks

Palak

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meeta,

The whole data You are converted into a file ?. If the file is application server then use Open data set , Read data set and close data set to get the data after that fill the data in segments

and transfer that from out bound to inbound.

Best Regards,

Narasimha Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your quick response ,

Can you pls share some kind of sample code for this segment filling and uploading data in to standard Tables. i have idea for outbound idoc but no clue for inbound idoc data fetching and uploading in tables.

Regards

Palak

0 Kudos

Hi ,

For the inbound IDOC , u refer this ..Every thing for the inbound will start with

IDOC_INPUT* .

search based one we have so many inbound idoc's in SAP...

For the programming we need to consider that these tables..

EDIDD, EDIDC .

loop at control table.

loop at edidd.

write the logic here...(required logic)

endloop.

endloop.

after that we need to send the IDOC status to the application layer.

Regards,

Bharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

req over