cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installed base

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi folks,

i am new to crm service i want to know, are the ibases transferred between ecc & crm and vice versa.and what are their replicating objects.

plz help me out ,points would be rewarded.

regards,

narayana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Installed bases cannot be replicated to/from R/3. The only object that can be replicated is an equipment. Equipment is downloaded into CRM as an individual object.

Regards,

Shwetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shwetha,

thanx for quick response,i want to know what is the integration part with ecc for service in crm(what data is flown between the 2 systems).what we replicate through initial and delta downloads .what are the necessary objects to be replicated?

thanks in advance,

points wouid be rewarded.

regards,

narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

An installed base can be described as a multilevel structure of installed base components for managing objects (for example, devices, machines, software) that are installed, or are going to be installed on site at the customer site. An installed base can represent the reference basis for services.

Installed Base Management is integrated in service processes, service contracts and the Interaction Center.

u2022 Integration in Service Processes

You can create a service business transaction with reference to installed base components.

u2022 In the service contract, you can assign installed base components or an individual object and entire installed bases to individual contract items in an object list.

u2022 Integration in the Interaction Center (IC) : Installed Base Management is included in the navigation area of the IC Win Client and IC Web Client as an independent component. A detail display for installed base components is available in the application area of the Interaction Center.

Installed bases are suitable for storing your customer structures and the service-relevant objects installed at the customer site. Service contracts can be made and service processes created with reference to installed bases or installed base components.

Interaction Center (IC) employees can search for and display installed base components during customer contact using partner, address or object data, or using the installed base number. Installed base components can be transferred to a list within the IC from which installed base components can be copied as reference objects to a service process.

Before calling at the customer site, or while at the customer site, field service representatives or service employees can display and change installed base data on mobile devices, such as laptops, and create new installed bases.

The customeru2019s employees can create installed bases or access existing ones using Internet Customer Self-Service (ICSS). They can also enter complaints and service requests for installed base components.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/f0/bff64bc8324814a2f3e795ce518cec/frameset.htm

Regards

Srinu