cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No corporate chart of accounts is defined for your chart of accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to know what can be the reason if GLs exist at the chart of accounts level and not at the comany code level even though the company code is assigned to the chart of accounts .

When I go to create the Gl at CoCd leve it says 'No corporate chart of accounts is defined for your chart of accounts'.

Please suggest, (the Chart of accounts has been copied)

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the chart of accounts are three types

1.operating chart of accounts

2.Country chart of accounts

3.group chart of accounts

Charts of accounts can have three different functions in the system:

Operating chart of accounts

The operating chart of accounts contains the G/L accounts that you use for posting in your company code during daily activities. Financial Accounting and Controlling both use this chart of accounts.

You have to assign an operating chart of accounts to a company code.

Group chart of accounts

The group chart of accounts contains the G/L accounts that are used by the entire corporate group. This allows the company to provide reports for the entire corporate group.

The assigning of an corporate group chart of accounts to a company code is optional.

Country-specific chart of accounts

The country-specific chart of accounts contains the G/L accounts needed to meet the country's legal requirements. This allows you to provide statements for the country's legal requirements.

The assigning of an country-specific chart of accounts to a company code is optional.

_.

Use

You can enter a group account number as additional information in the G/L accounts of the chart of accounts you are using. The system checks whether the group account number exists in the corporate chart of accounts.

Example

If the structure of the chart of accounts is predetermined by national legal requirements, you can define a corporate chart of accounts. All accounts receive a group account number which is the same for all accounts of that particular type in various different charts of accounts.

For consolidation purposes, you can define the balance sheet and P+L by using group account numbers, i.e. they do not need to be defined differently per country.

path - spro -img - financial accounting - general ledger accounting - master data - g/l accounts - preparation - Edit chart of accoun list ( OB13 )

t.code ob13 matain chart of accounts under u will matain Group chart of accounts

1.define account groups obd4

t.code ob62 assign ur chart of accounts ur company code

Accounting -> Financial accounting -> General ledger -> Information system -> General Ledger Reports -> Master Data -> -> Chart of Accounts Chart of Accounts.

Description

The Chart of Accounts program is used to display G/L account master data which is not specific to the company code and print out G/L account lists. You can use it for informational and documentation purposes.

Output

You can specify selection criteria to limit the number of G/L accounts printed.

The system displays the G/L account number and long text first. Double-click an account in the list to display additional master data that is not specific to the company code.

Edited by: janaki ram on Oct 21, 2008 6:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janki

Thanks a lot for the answer . But still I am not very clear as to which COA to use or to copy .

If I create my own COA then do I need to specify it as operative or group in case there are two company codes in one company.

wht is the use of group COA ?

I will be thankful 4 the information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U cant create an gl account directly at company code level. Either u hav to create an account centrally i.e., in FS00 or u hav to create it in FSP0 first i.e., chart of accounts level and after that in FSS0 i.e., company code level.

And coming to ur doubt u can copy coa it will be operating coa for ur company code. Group coa will be created when u hav more than one company. If u hav any doubt forward it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one company and under it I have 2 company codes both in India . So I will create a COA n that will be operational COA by default rit?

Now do I have to create one more COA i.e group COA ? How will this be done Plz explain I am not clear abt the creation of group COA . I need to consolidate the financial statement of both the company codes at company level .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can use one coa for any no. of company codes. If u assign same coa to ur both company codes it will become group coa thats all. No need to create another coa.

While creating gl accounts u dont need to maintain all accounts for both the companies. If u create accounts in FS00 that accounts will be used for both the companies. But if u want to separate the gls u hav to create first in FSP0 and after that u hav to extend them to FSS0.

Hope its clear for u now

Former Member
0 Kudos

then wht is the use of group COA if operating COA becomes group COA if assigned to both companies ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Operating chart of accounts

The operating chart of accounts contains the G/L accounts that you use for posting in your company code during daily activities. Financial Accounting and Controlling both use this chart of accounts.

You have to assign an operating chart of accounts to a company code.

Group chart of accounts

The group chart of accounts contains the G/L accounts that are used by the entire corporate group. This allows the company to provide reports for the entire corporate group.

The assigning of an corporate group chart of accounts to a company code is optional.

Country-specific chart of accounts

The country-specific chart of accounts contains the G/L accounts needed to meet the country's legal requirements. This allows you to provide statements for the country's legal requirements.

The assigning of an country-specific chart of accounts to a company code is optional.

Hope u r clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

still if i need to consolidate the report of two company codes and that is possible thru just 1 operating COA then why is group COA used ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u want to create operating coa u hav to create separate coa for ur two company codes. If u maintain only one coa for both the company codes it will b group coa which is used by entire corporate group.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody explain in detail the difference between the profitability segment and segment. They are one and the same or they are separate. Plz explain in detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry by mistake it came to u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody explain in detail the difference between the profitability segment and segment. They are one and the same or they are separate. Plz explain in detail